Progressive Ind EMS protection install

DXprowler

Interesting day today installing a 50 Amp surge protector. It's the Progressive Industries HW50C model which comes with the digital display. I had the same thing in the previous trailer but it was a 30 Amp. Cutting, stripping and attaching the heavy gauge wire was a challenge in the confined area behind the basement walls but got it all done.

Attachments

• EMS..jpg
    EMS..jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 144
  • display..jpg
    display..jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 120

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Progressive Ind EMS install

I had the dealer install mine, but later moved it myself. I didn't like having it under the kitchen cabinet, behind the breaker panel. Getting it out of there was a chore. I'm thinking of moving it one more time to get it out from under the plumbing (why'd I put it there???) Think I'll relocate the converter, too, while I'm at it. They did put the remote display inside the switch cabinet, and I can read the display through the smoked glass. Trying to get the #6 wire into the suppressor fittings inside the box is a real challenge.

wyleyrabbit

Re: Progressive Ind EMS install

Bill,

In the flow of electricity from the post, where did you install the surge protector?

We're pre-wired for a generator, and I was thinking that the ideal place would be just before or just after the automatic transfer switch, but I'm not really sure.

Cheers,
Chris