Screen Doors

tumble

Hello,
I have a 2007 3055 big horn. We wanted to know if anyone know where we can find plexiglass or some other clear material for the screen door? we like leaving the front door open. thanks

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
look in the phonebook for a plastic shop and see if the have some 1/16" clear sheet plastic. Lexan is a good choice but a littla more expensive. One question would be can the screen door take the extra wieght.

Wild Wind

Go to a local Glass shop with your measurements, they will cut you a piece of Lexan. The door will take the weight, but how are you going to fasten it to the door. If you are not sure take a piture of the door or just take the trailer over to the shop for advice *comment deleted by Admin*

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Ken Washington

Tumble,
Lowes or Home Depot has Lexan in sheets big enough for the door. I did mine by taking the door off and placing it's front onto the sheet with the coating side up. Took a magic marker and traced around the door and cut with a jig saw. Used short sheet metal screws with large heads to attach after pre drilling holes in Lexan and frame of door. Make sure to make holes in Lexan a little larger so that it can expand a little. Do not try this with cheep plastic as it will crack and break. You will also have to cut out a small place for the latch. If some pictures will help, let me know.
Ken

BigBlue

BigBlue
I saw a tip on attaching the Lexan to the door. Remember the twist holders for storm windows. The same type of holder would work for the Lexan. Cut the Lexan a little larger than the screen and drill pilot holes in the door frame for the twist holder.

Another holder would be the plastic clips used to hold mirrors.