Texas State Parks & RV Parks

k-f-Indiana

Has anyone had experience with making reservations at Texas State Parks, specifically Mission Tejas? The Park staff said they had available full-hookup sites, but they can only make reservations that day or the day before. Reserve America says they have no full-hookup sites, and Texas Wildlife says they are booked up.
As an alternative, has anyone stayed at Cedar Yard RV Park near Center & Tenaha? Sounds like the type we like, but would love to hear from someone who has stayed there. I didn't find a review on RV Park reviews.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That is correct TPW (Texas Parks and Wildlife) only take reservations through Reserve America. Have never stayed at any of the parks you refer to.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I never make reservations through the Reserve America. Found many times that nothing was available and then I called about an hour away and they had a place to stay. I have also found that they were full. I try to have a few other places to stay if one is not available. Don't forget Corps of Engineer parks.

You might take a look into this park not to far from Tejas. Salmon Lake Park Graperland TX. They have bluegrass festivals at certain times. Give them a call @ 936-687-2594. RV Park Reviews give it a good review.

Here is a Government Camping web site. Reservation Gov

BC

fishrag_1

k-f indiana --
mission tejas is a poor rxample of TX State Parks. It is about 20 min from my daughters house. It is a very small cg with small spaces and very unlevel. There are some sites with full hookups but imho the are the worst sites in the park. We are very familiar with most of the SP in that part of the state. If you will give us a destination I can probably recommend a park.

k-f-Indiana

Thanks to all for your help. Due to Fishrag_1's advice, we marked Mission Tejas off our list and went ahead with a reservation at Cedar Yard RV Park, as we were concerned about places filling up for the holiday weekend. I'll try to let you know what the place is like, sounds good. We decided not to drive as far as originally planned. DH likes the advice once read on a forum, 2-2-2, so we're keeping it to a 2 hour move.