3300Sk Kitchen Slide not sealing

ppenka

Hey all,
Just back from trying to get my camper ready to roll and my Kitchen slide did not want to come in all the way. the back part (TV side) came in just fine but it looks like the stove side is hitting and not sealing all the way. I could see daylight all the way around it. this is the first time I have seen this happen to my camper. Upon futher examination i found that under the slide where the jack screw is it looks like that bracket is bent a bit or should I say does not match the other one. It also looks like it is rubbing on the inside corner on the floor. Can someone help me with this? the camper was stored for a month and with no problems until now.

Sundance_kid

Sounds like it is out of adjustment. Mine did the same thing, trying to remember how I fixed it. I believe I ran it out about 12" and pulled or pushed the stove end in or out and adjusted the bolt up to it to take the slack out. Wished I could be more help, but I've slept several time since....LOL

ppenka

Hey sundance kid thats for the note. I wish I know what was wrong but here is how I adjusted it. Its probably wrong so everyone don't laugh.

Under the slide I noticed a Bell shaped thing with a nut holding it on to the jack screw. i guess its the stop so I backed it off just a bit and it came in more than it was. It was in far enough to travel and somewhat seal since I pulled from Bellingham Washington to Bismarck ND. Oh yes I did hit all three seasons each day I was pulling. From hail to sunshine to snow and Ice, it was a great pull.

The last day when I pulled the slide in it sealed more than it ever has so I tightened the bell back up. Now I know i shouldn't be messing with it and I am going to take it to a dealer when I get out of here which will be in about 6 weeks. Believe you me, its still cold up here in Bismarck. Pulled into the park while it was snowing so setting it up was fast and cold and wet.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try looking on the Lippert website. They have manuals on their slide mechanisms you can read/download. Browsing through the one applicable to my rig, there were instructions (for "qualified technicians") on how to make adjustments.