DSI on Water Heater

Jellystone

The water heater works fine on electric setting, but when I try to use it on propane the DSI will not ignite or even make a sound. After water cooled down I tried the DSI switch and the red light will not even light up on monitor panel by red Heater switch. There is propane in the tanks (furnace heats up), the fuses are OK, all wires I see on water heater outside & behind monitor panel are connected. All I can think of is Heater switch went out inside on panel? Any helpful ideas would be appreciated.

rick_debbie_gallant

Had the same issue with my hot water heater for months. Finally traced it down to a bad limit thermostat on the heater. Replaced the one for the gas burner side and it worked okay.. Good luck.

Jellystone

I sure would like a follow up on this post as we are experiencing the same problem.
anggirl, i've tried all I can think of & still "no dice" on propane ignition. This is honestly the first "problem" i've had with the unit since we bought it 9 months ago (i'm thankful for that, great unit). My plans are to bring it in to the dealership about 2 or 3 weeks before the warranty goes out and get it fixed. I don't want to bring it in just for this in case I have another issue in the next 3 months that comes up (get it all cured in one shot). My dealers service dept. was very helpful on the phone and I checked everything they suggested, but still nothing, they would have to check it out themselves.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
According to the back page of the Suburban Water manual, you have a TWO year limited warranty on defective parts. You may actually be able to have an authorized service center fix it, rather than taking it back to your dealer (if they're not nearby). Try contacting Suburban's Customer Service dept. 423-775-2131, Ext. 7101

wdk450

Is this worth your messing with it, or wouldn't you rather take it to an RV professional for repair under warranty? If your dealer is too far away, Heartland will pre-authorize repair with ANY RV repairer you choose. Just call the service phone # (on the main forum page) in advance.