First Problem!!!

docburns

Bought my 2010 Eagleridge (29') in January. Bad weather and the cold- I could not really play with it that much. We had a gorgeous day today and since the first trip is coming up at the end of April - I decided to relearn my new trailer before I left. Hooked up the water and was going to flush the air out of the lines. Turned on the cold water and air came out then the water. Turned on the hot water and nothing. checked the pop off valve on top of the hot water heater--again nothing. I figured that there had to be some valves turned off some where. I looked for about an hour before I unloaded all my storage compartment and found a "door". I took the screws out but the hole behind it is very small. Could not see all the water lines. I felt around in the dark and found 4 valves. All were turned off. 1 valve I could not turn on so I left it alone. The other 3 valves I turned on. Each time I turned a valve I crawled out and went inside to check. I finally had water. I let it run knowing there was air in the water heater. No air. Went to the water heater and checked the pop off valve-- NO WATER and no air came out. Crawled back in the storage area and started fumbleing with the valves again. Since the hole is small you cannot see which lines are which. I think I have them right but----. I knew about bypasses on the water heater but my other trailer had good access to the back of the water heater. Does anyone have a diagram ot the water lines? I looked in my owners manual but no diagram. Also the manual doesn't even mention this little area. The only thing it mentions on no water is to make sure the tank is full. Since this is my first "brand new trailer" this is one of the little things I have to learn. Now I wonder what other surprises I have waiting.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This is something your dealer should have gone over with you during your PDI. Too many dealers skip these important steps. On my sundance, there is an access panel inside the trailer. When it is taken off I have easy access to all the valves. Look inside close to where the water heater is located.

tmcran

On our Sundance there is an access panel below the entertainment center. Remove the two screws and you have very good view of the back of the water heater. The bypass is the middle valve. not sure of your Eagleridge is the same or not.

docburns

Thanks for the replies. The only access to the water heater is through the storage area. The access under the entertainment center only allows access to the furnace. I think the center valve is turned off but as I said the opening is so small you cannot see in there and I don't have a large enough mirror yet. For a fact there is not good access to the back of the water heater.

rick_debbie_gallant

maybe you could get a small light, stick in the hole and then take some pictures either with a phone or a camera. then figure it out from there. A couple of days ago you could have gotten a wee lad or lass to take care of it for you..

buckeyebob

did you turn on a hot water faucet to allow tank to fill?also be sure when you do get this right,that the winterizing/antifreeze fill valve is closed cuz mine wasnt and i flooded the basement when i used the pump first time!!!!this was after 2 trips using water at site your manual should show a typical hotwater tank schematic.there will be a open ended short hose ,follow this to a valve and make sure that is turnd off!!the first time you use pump it will suck water from tank and squirt it out this hose before it gets to pump flooding storage area. buckeyebob

LilGTO71

OK, you guys are scaring me a little. If I'm reading some of the replies correctly, I have to turn off some valves in order to fill my fresh water tank and use?????? (Or am I making way too much of this thread). I haven't used my fresh water tanks as of yet and am planning a large trip in a week dry camping with family and friends. Not wanting a surprise like this gentlemen in TX.

tmcran

If you turned some of the valves around the pump you may have opened the antifreeze valve and if you turn on the pump it will pump water into the basement. You can open the water heater pressure relief valve when filling the water heater and it will let the tank fill. I would remove the access panel and watch what happens when you fill the water heater and be sure everything is ok. Also while in there tighten all connections.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Back when we had our TT, the water heater and pump were under the kitchen sink. Kinda like praying to the porcelain goddess to winterize it. Anyways, after installing a heater bypass kit, I had four valves. Three on the water heater and one on the siphon line to the pump for the antifreeze. Once you've flushed the lines, the siphon valve needs to be closed, along with the valve between the cold inlet to the W/H and the hot outlet. The valves on the inlet and outlet need to be opened. Normally, they are just a quarter turn, in line with the hose/pipe is open, across it is closed.