Vacuum Bonded Walls

bawanms

I hear the term vacuum bonding walls from some RV companies, can you tell me is this a process used by Heartland on the North Trail Trailers?

jimtoo

Hi bawanms,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone from the factory will respond to your question soon. We are very lucky on the Heartland Forum to have a relationship with the factory like we do. The guys at the plant monitor and respond as they can, and some even do it when traveling and at home. Sometimes it not the same day, but they always get to us or we get an answer from someone that knows for sure.

Enjoy the forum and hope you become a member of the Heartland Family.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

Bonded walls refer to the process of using heat, glue and pressure to bond things together, in this case with the north trail, its the walls, floor, and ceiling.......Within the bonding process there are a couple of ways to do this....One is by using a big bag, that is sealed and the pressure is applied, this is refered as Vacuum bonding...........North Trail uses the Bag for its roof and floors and uses a pinch roller for its walls.............
Hope this helps
Mike C