Small portable air compressor

larneal

My wife and I will be full timing soon. I have a good size air compressor in my garage at home but I'm wanting something small for the road. I've been looking at the Super Flow MV50 by Q Industries. Does anyone use this product or one like it. I appreciate any infor that you can give.

Thanks

Larry & Gail Neal
2009 Big Horn 3385RL
F250 7.3 Diesel with load levelers

2010augusta

That looks like a "good" 12 volt compressor. In reading the off-road forums it seems to be reviewed well. It seems to take about 3-4 mins to air up large off-road tires from 10-35psi, it might take a while to get up to 85-110 psi as need for a truck and trailer.

We have a 110volt Craftsman 2 gal unit that outputs 2.4 CF/min @ 90psi, and it takes about 25-30sec to add 10-15psi to the trailer tires when we top them before moving.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I use a Viair mounted permanantly on the truck along with a 2.5 gallon tank. It will fill a 15 inch tire to 44 lbs from flat in less than a minute.
It will top off an 80 lb tire very quickly but thank goodness I cant tell you how long from flat. It is just my dump trailer tires that always are flat. :)

RoadJunkie

Super Flow MV50 by Q Industries. Does anyone use this product or one like it. I appreciate any infor that you can give.

Hi Larry, I have a MV50 and love it. I wondered if it would really crank out pressure for trailer requirements, but it does great. Now, disclaimer, I have only run 105 psi into my tires but the MV50 pumped them from 80 to 105 in just a few minutes; Quick enough that you wouldn't want to leave the unit unattended for more than a few seconds. Be sure to turn on the pump prior to connecting to the tire, this will keep the compressor from trying to overcome existing pressure from a dead start. I can reach all four tires while the pump is connected to the starboard battery. The unit also comes with a handy-dandy carrying case. If you buy this unit, be careful touching after extended use as the head can get pretty hot.

navyAZ1

One of the guys on the forum turned me on to a place www.FactoryAuthorizedOutlet.com I got a Porter-Cable pancake compressor 150 PSI @ 2.6 SCFM, it is a "factory refurbished" for $119 free shipping. Weighs 34lbs is about 14" wide and 14" high. I works great for airing up my tires and such.

davebennington

I have not found a 12 volt compressor that can do all the jobs around a trailer. I would look for a 110 volt compressor that will pump 125 to 150 lbs. In addition either have a generator or inverter on board. That way you can air up tires and use an impact gun if you want to. JMO.

Dave

irvin56

I have a 3 gallon compressor that I bought for the truck and tt.
I have a 1500 watts convertor that I clip on truck battery and plug in the 110 comp to it.
It handles the air pressures need and use it to pump up all air stuff for kids also.
Great for on the road. Can run my television also, if needed.