Mission tires after 1+ year

aatauses

Hi everyone,
I know the mission tires have had some major issues, but thought I would let you know our experience after 1year.
We bought a BH3670 at the show in Tampa in Jan 2009. It arrived in FL and we picked it up in Feb. The dealer and I had some major discussion about how they prepared the underbelly and was not at all happy with how they did not remove salt from it. Anyway we dealt with it. We then traveled to ME (home) for the summer returning to FL to volunteer for Everglade Nat. Park for the winter. Repacked wheel bearings. We recently traveled to WA to workcamp for the summer. So all in all the missions have about 11-12M miles on them and have not had any issues---I keep them at 110 lbs and cover them when stopped. We are also about 1200 lbs light on our RV. The only issue we had with any of the suspensions parts was the trail air tilted (front to back) at times. I mentioned this on the forum and with HL and all responded that this was normal . Taking everyones advice, before we head south this fall we will probably replace the tires with goodyear or michelins, but just thought I would let new owners know that for us the tires/suspension performed the way it should.
al

rvn4fun

Glad to hear it, we have Sailun on ours and are watching them close also. Some day soon I want to get Pressure Pro monitors on them, and eventualy change to Michelins.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
aatauses, I think that I remember reading that people running Mission tires, have had their problems pop up at 12,000-15,000 miles. Beware. Of course, some have gotten better mileage.
Remember, I said "I think".
Friday our Bighorn is going in for a new set of Goodyear G-614's to replace the Unicorn Express tires.
Aint cheap, but I will have no more concerns of when will the Chinese tires fail.

Peace
Dave