Woe is Me

We have had our 280BH for two years. Early on, I posted some problems on this site and they were quickly corrected by the dealer, with Hearland' assistance. Since then we have enjoyed the trailer very much. We live in Dallas, TX and camp year round.

But now, after only two years, the trailer has serious problems which appear to be factory defects and will costs us thousands to repair. The skin on the rounded front of the trailer is buckling. The dealer has confirmed no roof leak, so this must be a factory defect. The floor in front of the sink is "squishy". Again, the dealer confirmed no water damage and said there is just a thin sheet of plywood with some insulation on top of it under there.

I don't know if we will spend thousands on these problems or not, but we are out the money either way because no one in their right mind would ever buy this trailer as it is now.

Sorry for a sad post on an othewise upbeat forum, but owners should be aware of what they might expect.

Cynthia

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Regardless of the age of your rig you should contact Heartland to make them aware. If there is something they can do to improve on their product they will do it. You never know, maybe they can still help you out with this. If you do decide to go this direction please have your VIN number ready and it would be really helpful to have pictures ready to email them.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Mark

Thanks, Mark. The dealer did contact Heartland to no avail. But I guess I could try it on my own as well. I am just heartbroken over all of this. We love our little house on wheels and hoped to keep it for several more years.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Yes by all means contact Heartland yourself. Sometimes dealers don't always make things easy for their customers. IMHO

Mark

McFuentes

Hi all, I'm new and ...yikes! This does not sound an isolated incident. Usually these types of defects are at minimum a shift or even a whole manufactured lot problem. Please contact the manufacturer and keep on them for an answer. Not only for yourself but for any others who may have purchased from the same cut of cloth, so to speak.