Finally found the one!

dalspot

After weeks of RV shows, looking at model after model and searching online, I believe we have found our ideal floorplan - and it's the Sundance 3300QS!!

It has everything we want, the rear chairs, entertainment slide w/ fireplace, the L-shaped kitchen counter, side "back" hall to the bedroom (love the angle there for privacy), separate bath, dresser in the bedroom and large closet. So many others came close, but we'd have to give up either the kitchen design or separate bath, or they were too heavy for the TV.

It'll be a while before we can purchase tho probably - have to upgrade the '02 Sierra to a new 3/4-ton diesel - going to wait until we see how the new Ford/GM diesels are performing and which one we can get most economically equipped for our needs. Plus we have two dogs and two cats at home, and unless we can talk the 'kids' into housesitting, we'll have to postpone the 5W purchase a while.

But for now, the 3300QS seems a perfect fit for our needs ... and pocketbook!

Look forward to learning more on the forums here.

jimtoo

Hi dalspot,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family soon. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum. Maybe you could talk the dogs into sitting the cats. Well,,, maybe not,, cats can be picky...:D

Jim M

Cimriver

Were I you I would consider going with a 1 ton tow vehicle with the Sundance you picked out. It really doesn't cost a whole lot more for the 1 ton and it seems to me you might be pushing your weight limits on the 3/4 ton.

I love your choice in floorplans. It is very similar to the ER34QSRL Elkridge that we have on order. Hope you can get into it reasonable quickly.

dalspot

Easy for you to say with a Corgi and Doxie! :) We've two Dalmatians! We used to drive a tractor trailer and took two dogs with us then. But one was a beagle, the other a beagle mix. Between the two, they didn't weight as much as my spotted boy.

We'll most likely end up traveling with one cat in the long run. We're telling her she's going camping already ;)

OR bring the dogs and cats with you.....

dalspot

That's why we're waiting to see how the new 2011 Ford/GM diesel engines are with the improved fuel mileage and higher tow and axle weights. Tho Heartland's reply to my weight question was "You can tow the 3300QS behind a Heavy Duty Diesel ¾ ton truck with no problems.<o></o>" :confused::confused: The ER34QSRL is similar - we wanted the bedroom hallway on the other side tho - and I like how the 3300QS hall turns. Weighs less also. We debated the 3/4-1 ton issue.

Were I you I would consider going with a 1 ton tow vehicle with the Sundance you picked out. It really doesn't cost a whole lot more for the 1 ton and it seems to me you might be pushing your weight limits on the 3/4 ton.

I love your choice in floorplans. It is very similar to the ER34QSRL Elkridge that we have on order. Hope you can get into it reasonable quickly.

Last edited: