Edge window operation ?

signguy

At risk of sounding stupid - is it correct that there is no way to keep the new style windows propped open to allow air to come in?

Intuitively, it seems like there would be a catch on the strut or some kind of latch that would allow this, but on my Edge once you release the catches the window just "hangs there" from the top hinge unless you lift it up and hold it open...

Just trying to figure out if I am too dumb to know how to work them, they are broken, or it's just a design flaw.

Thanks for your input!

Yup, the strut or shock or whatever you want to call it, has a stop when the window is about 30 degrees out. Push it out gently and slowly and it should catch for you.

Gillbiss

I have found a trick to lock the windows, just listen carefully, you will hear a «clic» while opening it, stop moving just after the click. The window goes down and stops. There are two of those clicks. If you stop too far from the «click» it doesn't work. Hopefully you are in a quiet area !!!

Gilles

I agree with the posters here who note that you need to go slowly and gently and stop opening right after you hear the 'click.' These windows (and the shades and screens) prefer a gentle touch.

rick_h

if you unlatch the window from the inside then go out side and watch from the side of the strut when you slowly open the window you can see the latch catch. Not practical for operation but it is useful to better understand how it works.