28 RLS Stereo Not Working

Ptoms

I just Plugged My new 28 RLS In at my house to charge the batteries. Being new to the unit I took a moment to familiarize myself with the location of the water pump hot water heater Exct. I pressed the stereo on button however the unit did not turn on, you can see the time and everything on the display but cannot turn the radio to on to listen to music.....I guess I am wondering does the Radio need to be plugged in to a 30 Amp connection to operate ? surely not right? I am charging the batteries Via just a normal house socket. The stereo worked a week ago when I bought the unit and has just been sitting in my driveway since. and information will be appreciated.

Ptoms

I just thought I would post an update on this issue. The owner’s Manual confirmed the radio should indeed be 12 volt. After looking in the owner’s manual for the radio (Jenson AWM 910) I noticed 2 fuses in the wiring Diagram and decided to check these. I unscrewed the 4 screws that mount the radio in place and checked the fuses they both turned out to be ok. However while I had the radio out I also unplugged the power cable for a minute forcing the Radio to reset itself. After the radio reset, it now appears to work fine. I do not know what caused this issue and I only hope this is not a recurring problem or worse yet a signal of a bigger problem in the wiring of my trailer however maybe this wee bit of information might be of some use to the next guy.

Pat

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
...and you are complaining!!!! Sorry I could not help myself. These stock radios are bottom dwellers in the radio world so there could be a myriad of "why's" it is not working. Take my advice: Buy a nice car stereo with the features you want, mount it in there instead. Advise your dealer under warranty that the radio is shot, bring it to them and get $100 back for the radio from Heartland. That is what I did.

X-Savior

My exactly same radio had a problem. Quit playing CD's so my dealer exchanged the stereo out under warranty. I know Jensen brand is not the most reputable brand for quality also... (I am an old school 12-Volt Installer and am very familiar with the brand).

Ptoms

There is a big difference between whining and finding the solution to a problem Rock. If you choose to spend hundreds of dollars on a fancy stereo system then I salute you’re right to do so. Personally my radio doesn’t see enough use to justify that. Not to mention when my electronics go hay wire… I want to make sure there isn’t another problem other than just some cheap radio…. There is no point in installing an expensive unit to just burn it up next. Now after2 months of full timing the cheap Jensen Stereo works just fine….granted the paper CD insert has never been removed from the CD compartment yet. It plays the local news and weather like a champ.

JENSENRVdirect

Hi Ptoms,

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Your post indicates the radio was locked up and in need of a system reset. A low voltage state can cause this. It is also possible that a momentary voltage spike occurred when the battery charger was initiated. This may also cause the system to require a reset. Our JENSEN stereos have a reset button located on the front panel. These require a pen/pencil or other small implement to depress. While the stereo is connected to power, press and hold momentarily to perform the reset.

If you have difficulty in locating the reset button, please provide the model and I can tell you where to locate on the system. If issues persist, please contact us for further assistance.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

berger

I have the direct opposite problem. My radio turns on all by itself. We either have some sort of short in the on/off volume button or evil music spirits. It is the same Jensen radio. Any suggestions would help.

JENSENRVdirect

Please press the reset button. It is located on the front of the stereo to the left of the AUD button. It is small, so you will need a ball-point pen or a pencil to depress it. Do this while the unit is connected to power and hold for a couple seconds. The AWM910 has an alarm feature and this should reset the software and clear any alarms in memory. See if this resolves your issue.

If the trouble persists, you or your dealer should call us for further troubleshooting. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing back from you.