New Big Country Owners need some how-to advice

We are new to this forum and have never posted a question before. We aren't quite sure how to do it. We have four how-to questions and don't know where to post them.

1. Is it necessary ( or even possible) to use tie-downs with electric awnings?

2. What is the best way for hanging pictures, etc. on walls? Would prefer not to make too many holes in new RV.

3. What is best and safest way to clean Corian counter tops?

4. What is best way to clean vinyl flooring? I used one cleaner and it seems to have made the floors a little dull. What should I do?:eek:

PSF513

Welcome to the forum.

We have a BC ourselves and have had similar questions. We do not us tie-downs on our electric awning but I think you can if they are spring loaded to allow a little play. We told our dealer not to hang anything on the walls (not even toilet paper holders or soap dishes). We have used a sticky system (can't remember the name but is readily available) my wife found that will peel off later on. Seems to work well. On the counter tops, we just use soap and water and for sticky things, a plastic scrubber. Has worked well so far with no scratches. For the floor, we just use Mr. Clean or something similar. Don't think we have used any floor wax type products.

Hope you enjoy your BC as much as we have.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new BC. Our unit was one of the first BC made with electric awnings or solid surface countertops not being an option but our running buddy has an 08 Big Horn. His unit came with instructions on how to clean his countertops. if yours didn't - go down to Home Depot or Lowe's and talk with them about how to care for solid surface countertop like Corian.
Also, he does use tie-downs when he wants to leave his awning open for any time. We have seen too many electric awning get caught up by winds and flip over the top of their rigs. It is not pretty.
To clean the floors, you can use any vinyl floor cleaner or any cleaning product that states its vinyl floor safe. The important thing to remember is not to use any product that will remove the finish of the flooring (and there are a bunch on the market that strips the finish off).
Even tho I do not hang additional stuff on the walls, I have seen at Walmart self-sticker hangers that are removable. I just don't want additional things banging the walls as we travel.
Enjoy your new "home away from home" and travel safely. :)

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We use Stone Care International products for the countertops , it can be found at most Home Depots . I really haven't checked to see if Lowes carries it but great stuff. Its generally located in the cabinet and kitchen area.....Kenny
www.stonecare.com/

2010augusta

We are new to this forum and have never posted a question before. We aren't quite sure how to do it. We have four how-to questions and don't know where to post them.
1. Is it necessary ( or even possible) to use tie-downs with electric awnings?
The electric awnings are not as prone to bellow out as you are towing because the motor provides more resistance. we have towed our for about 8,000 miles without a hint of a bellowing issue.

2. What is the best way for hanging pictures, etc. on walls? Would prefer not to make too many holes in new RV.
Velcro, and perhaps the 3M sticky hangers

3. What is best and safest way to clean Corian counter tops?
here is a link to the cleaning and care page of the Hanex web site. http://www.hanwhasurfaces.com/sections/careService/hanex/maintain.php

4. What is best way to clean vinyl flooring? I used one cleaner and it seems to have made the floors a little dull. What should I do?
We just use household linoleum floor cleaners like Fantastic.

Enjoy your new trailer and welcome to the Heartland family.