Alberta Spring Rally 2010

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Hello Albertans, hopefully you have survived another winter and the lucky snowbirds are home or close to it. I'm looking at holding a rally June 18 - 20. I believe the Sunday is Fathers' Day. I have sent out emails to various campgrounds and OL' Pembina River Ferry Crossing RV Park near Sangudo, Alta. has replied favorably and is holding that weekend for us. Please let me know by replying to this thread if this would be OK. I'm going up to have a look at the campground in a week to 10 days. A lot of campgrounds aren't open yet or arn't set up to handle larger groups. Lynne & I are may wonder around Alberta a little this summer and try to make contacts with possible locations for rallies. If anyone knows of a location let me know.

Thanks, Doug.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hi Doug and Lynne
Wish we could make out to Oilberta for you spring rally. Have to go sailing with my 2 kids for that weekend! Good luck and have agreat time

beardedone

Beardedone
Hi again.
Rose and I will try to make it. The trailer is going in for some major undercarriage work in the spring but I think it will be ready by the rally. Looking forward to it.

DougLynne

I was contacted by one of last years rally attendees and they do not recommend the OL' Pembina RV Park so still browsing for a good spot. Any ideas on where and is anybody interested in a Rally?.../Doug

Riverman

We would love to attend one of these...depending on date & distance. We have never been to Ol Pembina, so can't offer an opinion there.

Edmonton

Not sure if we can attend or not.

My neighbor (who I have camped with so I know what he likes) has stayed at that Ol Pembina several times and really liked it.

David

DougLynne

OK, I'm looking at 2 possibilities for our Rally. Ol' MacDonalds near Alix, Alta. and High River. The group area at Hight River is fully booked thru Sept. but they could hold sites in a group for us but Wouldn't hold them very long. Ol' MacDonalds group areas are smaller and only some have 15Amp power. They will not specifically hold sites for us but as people phone in for their sites they would try to keep us together. Your input on preferences is required, will the northern folks travel to High River or will the southern folks travel to the Alix area east of Stettler? Will you not come if held in one or the other?

I have to make a decision quite quickly.../Doug

Last edited:

Riverman

Although we have never stayed here yet, we have heard lots of good things about this place. It is fairly central and appears to have a variety of additional activities. I know there is a golf course within a few miles as well. Perhaps it may be worth checking out??
http://www.emtetown.com/facilities.htm

beardedone

Beardedone
I was talking to Geeks R Us the other day and he indicated that he might be here if it is in June or July. We are still interested and keep monitoring to see how much interest there is.

irvin56

I can only get hoildays in july and I'm booked in Drum.

yes there are a lot of Alberta, BC, Sask people on here.