We need recommedations for luxury or very nice RV Parks in East Texas.

jimtoo

Hi mikeandconnie,

We are having a Heartland Rally April 15-18 in Spring, Texas at Rayford Crossing RV Resort. This is North of Houston. Join us if you can.

You might be a little more specific to the area you want to go to. East Texas is pretty big.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
You might try Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville TX. It is quite nice.

Give us an idea of the area your wanting to stay. As JimToo says.. East Texas is quite large area.

You might look for campgrounds in RV Park Reviews and get something you might like. This is a review of parks wher people stay, not all high class, but would give you an idea of what is in the area.

BC

musicman

I live in East Texas.......Danigerfield State Park is a wonderful place.......Lake Bob Sandlin has a State Park also........and of course there is Walleye Park on Lake Cypress.........our favorite is Daingerfield State Park......they have 10 pull throughs in a section called Big Pine. It is our favorite section.

Hope this helps.......Have fun......If you need more info, just let me know.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check out Lakeside RV Park on Lake Livingston in Onalaska, Tx. Their website is http://www.lakesidervresort.net/ There is a wonderful restaurant onsite with great food. The park is new and they are still working on parts of it. Great owners. The KOA in Rusk, Texas is also a great place to stay. In Rusk you can catch a ride (for a fee) on an old fashioned steam train which runs between Palistine and Rusk. The railroad is called the Texas Railroad. If you only ride it one way you will need a ride back as there is no public transportation back. For the KOA in Rusk see www.koa.com There is another wonderful RV Park in Onalaska, Tx on the shores of Lake Livingston called North Shore. Here is the link to that park http://www.northshorerv.com/ Both Lakeside and North Shore on US190. Just east is the town of Livingston, Texas. You can get on Hwy 146 in Livingston, go south about 5 miles on 146 from the intersection of US190 and 146 and you will find the End of the Rainbow RV Park which is the headquarters of THE ESCAPEES. Their park is beautiful also. Good luck and have fun in East Texas.

BTW - FYI - Buckhorn Park in Kerrville is located in the Texas Hill Country about 200 miles west of East Texas. That is not too far from San Antonio, Tx.

mikeandconnie

Thanks Jim,

Wow, looks like very nice park. I worked all around Houston and never new this park was there.

Sorry I didn't give more specific details, my wife just wont's to go to Texas and East Texas is close to the Gulf. Thou, Everyone been a big help and I see some very nice parks posted here.

My wife is travel nurse and we have a new Landmark, so we decided to pick her assignment based on the RV parks. I will give her recruiter a list and she can place my wife in a hospital near the park, then 13 weeks later on to the next one.

I hope we are in the Rayford Crossing before the Rally and can see you there.

Mike

Tom of Ypsi

If looking for work in the med field with a close by park try Lakeview RV Resort, www.lakeviewrvresort.com in S. Houston. The medical center there has a bunch of hospitals, MD Anderson for one. Galveston is not too far away maybe a 1 hour drive.

jmgratz

Like Tom said Lakeview RV Park on South Main and Hirham Clark is great. 15 minutes to the Texas Medical Center where there is MD Anderson Cancer Center, St. Lukes (Heart Institute), Texas Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital, Hermann Hospital, University of Texas Health Science Center, Texas Women's Hospital, TIRR (Texas Institute for Research and Rehabilitation), UT Dental Center, Ben Taub County Hospital, and I know I am missing some. If you cannot find a job in the medical field at the Texas Medical Center you are not looking very hard.

Tom of Ypsi

Traffic is dependant on the time of day and where you are going to or coming from. Lakeview is south of the I-10 loop, Main St (Alt 90) at Hiram Clarke and leaving the park in the mornings between 7 and 8 am is the worse. The afternoons coming back to the park from the med center from 3 pm to 6 pm is the worse but once you get to know the area there are different ways to go. When Judy has appointments we try and take the free shuttle from the park to MD Anderson every chance we can.

jmgratz

Coming from the north the easiest way to get to Lakeview is to go south on US59 to Hwy 288. Go south on 288 to Loop 610. Take 610 westbound to South Main. Take the South Main exit and turn left going south on South Main. Take the Hiram Clark exit off of South Main. Make a U-Turn at Hiram Clark and you will have to immediately get into the right lane to turn into the RV Park entrance. It is next to the Shell Station. The drive is not fun in the evening or morning rush hour. Any other time it is just typical Houston traffic.

tmcran

Jim, Good directions. I spent about 4 days on US 59 one afternoon last November. I'm not sure I would want to be on there with an RV at anytime.:( Atlanta was as bad as I have been on with RV.

jmgratz

Twenty-eight years as a Houston Cop. I can get you around Houston pretty good. Sometimes the freeways are not the way to go even with an RV. I can give you a shortcut to get from Lakeview RV Park to MD Anderson (or the Medical Center) which will cut 10 minutes off your trip. It is South Main feeder to Holmes Road, to Fannin to Holcolmbe to entrance 2.