trouble with refrig running on gas

kellermm

Hi we are new to all of this, this is our first trailer. we have tried to run our refrigerator on gas and it appears to lite but within a few seconds blinks so we know it is not working right, any help? It runs ok on electric.
WE would also like to add more batteries to our trailer, does anyone know if this is a problem for the charging system? Is there a right and wrong way to do this?
Also if anyone knows any great places to stay with hookups in arizona we would appreciate any info.

jimtoo

Hi kellermm,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone that knows alot about the refrigerator will jump in here soon. We might need to know which ref you have for sure and also does your stove burners light and work good?

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

2010augusta

Welcome to the Heartland Owner Forum.

As far as the refer is concerned, it sound like the propane system has not be fully purged of air. I would light all the burners on the stove and make sure all can maintain a strong solid flame, then try to get the water heater to light and the try the Refer again. any air in the lines will get purged out soon and the appliances should start to work. if not you might have a circuit board issue.

My favorite campground in AZ is Kaibab Camper Village, it is near Jacob Lake and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. The park has the look and feel of a Forest Service or National Park CG, but has hook-ups and large level sites, we had no problems getting our fifth wheel though the park. here is a link to the web-site http://www.kaibabcampervillage.com/

hope this helps you to enjoy your new trailer.

fdechaine

Refrig not running on gas -- Is your gas stove working properly? It takes a while to get the gas flowing to all the appliances the first time after I've had the propane tanks disconnected or tuirned off. Not sure why but once the gas flows, then all is well. This is the only issue I've ever seen with gas.

Batteries -- there are some posts in the northtrail talk forum about making mods to have 4 batteries. As long as you wire the batteries correctly, you should have no problem.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
As far as RV Parks in Arizona, there are a number of nice RV Parks around Casa Grande, AZ. Benson, AZ has a number of them in that area also. Google Arizona RV Parks and you will find a ton of them. Yuma and Camp Verde have a number of them also.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Took our trailer out for the first time (new) last week-end, and it took about 8 tries to get it running on gas. Follow the directions in the trouble shooting guide that is part of the operating instructions. It is probably just air in the line. The guide says you might have to turn the switch off and then back to gas a couple of times, but it worked fine after the 8th try! No problems since.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our previous 5er has starting problems with the water heater and fridge if it sat for awhile without usage. After I would purge the air from the lines it would work fine. Could be the problem.

kellermm

thanks to all for replying and the helpful information. we tried everything and ended up taking it in to the shop and it was a bad control board, now we have to wait for it to come in. we have been checking the web sites suggested and found alot of great information. thanks so much, we will continue to use this site for help.