Gap at sidewall and floor

robnmo

Hopefully this is in the right place to ask. We've got a 2011 Cyclone 3612 bought new, haven't camped in it yet, brought it home in Dec and 2 short trips to a local campground (less than 10 mile) for practice parking. Today the wife was out sweeping the floor and noticed a gap approximately 3/8 of an inch to 1/2 inch between the bedroom floor and side wall (between the wardrobe slideout and top step from living room to bedroom) which she said wasn't there before. I opened the cargo hold on the outside and looked up at the alum supports and can see where it looks like screws are pulled from the wall also silicone has seperated that sealed it at one time. I put a straight edge on the outside just above the cargo door and there is a slight rocking from end to end in a 4 ft level indicating a slight bow in the sidewall at that spot. Is there some shifting of the outside walls from moving it around or is this an indication of worse things to come? The floors vs sidewalls everywhere else seem to be a tight seal. Again the seperation is between the wardrobe slide and the top step accessing the bedroom from the living/dining room. Thanks for any info.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hate to say it, but you should take it back to the dealer. We had what I thought was just an annoying squeak in our bedroom floor that I mentioned to our dealer when I took it in for some minor work. Ended up removing most of the front end interior to repair the floor and weld some supports in.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There could be a more serious issue here. I would call customer service first thing Monday morning, have your vin ready. Tell them you issue and I bet you will be referred to a dealer for a look. I would not try to tackle that myself especially since you are still in warranty.

robnmo

Ok so I take it this isn't actually "normal"............that's what I was afraid of. I actually measured it today and took some pictures, it is right at 1/2" gap and basically the area over the docking station, cargo storage door. Guess I'll give em a ring in the morning and see what happens from there. Thanks

Manke3010

Robnmo,
Could you post pics of what you're seeing for the rest of us to use as a reference.

Also, JohnDar, do you happen to have any photo's of the issues you had before they were fixed?
I have a different rig from you both, but we have some squeaking in the floor between the bathroom and master bed and was told not to worry about it, but perhaps I need to inspect this a bit more before writing if off....

Thanks for sharing this, and best of luck with the fix. I'm sure HL will step up and make things right.

tmcran

We had some slight squeaking on the floor of the front bedroom slide last year. After I got home i tried everything to get it to squeak. Jumped up and down,walked , stomped and no more squeak.. Haunted i guess.

robnmo

I've never added pictures to a thread before, so hopefully I did this right and don't crash the entire system :D These pics were taken with the cargo/docking door open, and the sunlight shining in that area which illuminates it. Maybe I'm making something out of nothing but seeing the broken screws and pulled loose silicone it just doesn't look right to me. If this is not a big deal hopefully somebody will let me know.

Attachments

• Top of cargo hold.JPG
    Top of cargo hold.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 104
  • top of cargo hol&#100.JPG
    top of cargo hol&#100.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 97
  • inside view carg&#11.JPG
    inside view carg&#11.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 100
  • rear side of carg.JPG
    rear side of carg.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 95
  • view from top of&#3.JPG
    view from top of&#3.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 86
  • inside view..JPG
    inside view..JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 86

robnmo

This is a big deal for a new RV.. Call HL customer service and your dealer.

We've done both, think we're in the process now, awaiting either an email or phone call we'll give a full update when we get a resolution so far we're pretty happy.

robnmo

Don't wait very long on emails. Call.

Done both. Monday called HL, they requested we contact our dealer first. Called the dealer they said they'd find us a closer dealer to do the repair if it needed it, but wanted to see the pictures, so emailed them, got an email back saying to contact HL direct. Called back to HL was referred to a voice mail, left a message. Called HL back Tues, got a different service rep, was very accommodating and also wanted pics emailed to him. Did that, got an email back pretty quick said they'd get back to us soon also wanted to know about an upcoming trip next month that we're locked into, hopefully they're seeing about doing some scheduling around our trip. So far pretty painless and we're pretty content and got a definite feeling they're trying to accommodate us.

gpshemi

What ever became of this gap in the side wall. I hope they found something obvious. Ever since I read this I watch the side wall near the bed room slide very close. I'm nervous that I'll see the same thing someday.

robnmo

What ever became of this gap in the side wall. I hope they found something obvious. Ever since I read this I watch the side wall near the bed room slide very close. I'm nervous that I'll see the same thing someday.

Sorry I've been busy and off the board for a couple days so just saw this. We took the Cyclone back to the factory, and in a matter of a few hours they re-clamped the sides, re-drilled and put in new screws............old screws might have been torqued a bit too tight and popped the heads, or whatever, think new screws might be a bit heavier, regardless, we've towed the cyclone several thousand miles since and not a bit of problem, everything is sealed up great, they even fixed some things we knew about but didn't tell them, they saw them and fixed/replaced those as well. Personally I think it was an isolated incident, I don't think I'd worry much about it.....................but we do look every time we walk inside. ;-)