Changed shower head to Waterpik

wyleyrabbit

Today, I changed the shower head from the stock one that came with the trailer to a Waterpik unit I picked up from Costco. The entire job, start to finish, took me less than 10 minutes and OMG what a difference. The pressure from the old one was horrible, so bad that it was sometimes difficult to get all the shampoo out of one's hair. On the old one, if I pointed the shower head straight up, it would shoot the water up maybe 4 to 5 inches, no more. The new one is more like 3 or 4 feet!!!

I highly recommend this change to anyone. I paid $40 for the new one. Plus, I earned some major bonus points from my DW. :)

Cheers,
Chris

wdk450

Today, I changed the shower head from the stock one that came with the trailer to a Waterpik unit I picked up from Costco. The entire job, start to finish, took me less than 10 minutes and OMG what a difference. The pressure from the old one was horrible, so bad that it was sometimes difficult to get all the shampoo out of one's hair. On the old one, if I pointed the shower head straight up, it would shoot the water up maybe 4 to 5 inches, no more. The new one is more like 3 or 4 feet!!!

I highly recommend this change to anyone. I paid $40 for the new one. Plus, I earned some major bonus points from my DW. :)

Cheers,
Chris

Any problems with fresh water low pressure/flows, I would start looking for water flow restrictors intentionally inserted in the device water lines. The original shower has them (I upgraded to the Oxygenics hand wand), the kitchen sink hose have them (on my to-do list to remove them), the outside shower may have them (low flows).
I guess these restrictors are mandated by water conservation legislation in some states.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have heard rages about the Oxygenics XLF25 shower head and now the Waterpic. I will grant you that they are better than the shower heads that are in the trailers. What I like about the shower head that came with my trailer is, the shut off button built into the head. I don't know about the rest of you, but I normally wet down, soap down, then rinse. To be able to turn off the water at the shower head is very convenient.

What do you that use these shower heads do about the water while taking a shower. If I want to stand under a good hot shower or a cool shower I will go to the campground shower if it is decent.

I have seen a cut off valve that you can add to the new show head. I want one that is up by the head not down near the faucets. Can you add this up by the head or have to use it around the faucet.

There is one on the RV Water Filter Store.

Shower valve..jpg

Positive Shower Shut-Off: Imported valve, positively shuts off your shower head, unlike domestic shut-offs. Both models are plastic.

I am sure some leave their gray water valve open and just let the water run. Yes we can do that also, but if you get into the habit and fill up your tank at a COE or State Park where there is not dump, out comes the blue tank, which is no fun.

BC

wyleyrabbit

What do you that use these shower heads do about the water while taking a shower. If I want to stand under a good hot shower or a cool shower I will go to the campground shower if it is decent.

The Waterpik shower head has 8 different settings, and one of them is a standby mode; in standby mode, the water slows to a trickle.

One of the benefits of one of these great shower heads is that the shower can actually take less time. I have thick hair (thank you, ancestors! ;)) and it took forever to get all the soap out of my hair with the stock shower head. The new one feels like it has almost as much pressure as our shower at home.

Cheers,
Chris

wyleyrabbit

I think the particular Waterpik shower head I purchased may be sold only to Costco. I haven't been able to find exactly the same one on Waterpik.com or anywhere else on the internet for that matter. Supposedly it has some new technology that makes it feel like there's more water coming out than there really is.