Big Horn 3185 RL Woodland Interior Is Finished...

musicman

Our BH 3185 RL with the brand new woodland interior is finished and has been dispatched for delivery to Texas. Jim Beletti sent me 22 pictures while the unit was online. He was so kind to do this for us. All the guys from Heartland have been so nice (Jim Beletti, Kevin Finn, Daric Falin). Two thumbs up so far for Heartland. I will keep you posted when we get our trailer.

musicman

3185RL is at the dealership. It arrived safe and sound. Dealer will start their PDI today and I will pick up trailer on Friday, April 23. We can't wait to see our brand new Big Horn. We are so excited. Thanks again Heartland for taking such good care of us.

CrazyScotsman

Steve, You better sit on your hands, that way you won't be waving to everyone in your excitement. LOL
Good luck on your Horn.

jimtoo

Hi Steve,

Please just remember to do a really through PDI. Check everything top to bottom and operation of every thing. If you use directv or dish... take a receiver and dish with you to check the cabling if you can. But what ever you do, don't let them rush you through the PDI.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Steve, now we gotta talk about that reward..............
Have fun with the new rig.

Peace
Dave

ChopperBill

Our 3610RE was finished 4/09! Sitting on the lot waiting for some one to pull it our way. Drivers a little behind. Heartland is selling too many dawg gone trailers!

Wharton

We had the same problem. Our 3670 was finished and it took another week because they didn't put in the dinette(which was on the order form) and then 2 weeks waiting for a driver. Finally picking it up tomorrow, a month later than we expected. Heartland also delivered it with the wrong sofa(again on the order form) but our dealer will bring the sofa to us whenever the sofa comes in. My frustration over missing 2 items on the order form is very high. Dealer has confirmed everything else on the order form was installed..............Just sloppy reading and entry into the computer......................

The rig has been at the dealer for a week now getting his PDI. Everything is checking out very well(no water leaks, at least initially) but we will double check the biggies. Asked him to leave the water in all the tanks so that if we have a leak hopefully it will show up on the drive home(1.5 hours). Everything we asked him to install, add has been done. He installed the solar first and it has been running for about a week, cutoff valves installed, extra propane line for cat heater installed, extra electric wires run, 2nd sat line run(at factory!!). Other than moving in, finishing the propane connection for the cat heater and finding where to put everything we are home free. Ha!! I wish.................

We have invited all our curious friends over for a look as long as they stop at the garage and bring something to the trailer as an entrance fee. Figure that should get the pile down quickly. Several have offered to help move everything back in. I just want to get the stuff back into the trailer in the correct "room", then I'll figure out where everything goes. DH will be busy marking up on a trailer diagram where the different plugs are and which circuit they are on, visiting the rat's nest in the basement, checking the sat hookup, etc. Doing "his" things. Main goal is to get the "living area" organized, then we will work on the basement.

Have our video camera, regular camera, tape recorder ready to go for our PDI. Oh yeah, and the check book.................

dynaguy

Congrats on you new bighorn, we purchased our new cyclone thru lakeshore rv this year and looked through the bighorns, they are gorgeous. as soon as we get out of the toy hauler phase the bighorn is our next purchase.

dkjones

We ordered a 3185 RL two weeks ago. I am wondering how long from ordering to delivery it took. Dealer suggested about 8 weeks. Is this realistic?

jimtoo

Hi dkjones,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The plants have been really busy... so I would just guess 6 to 8 weeks is not unreal. Just be patient, think about all the fun you will have with your new Big Horn and memories to be made. Just do a really good PDI when you pick it up. I see your not a newbie,, so take your time and do it right.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M