Total rebuild of under side wiring,plumbing everything.

Loco

Well here we go again. Heartlands Q control. NOT!! I have desided to to make our 2007 Cyclone the best one built or should I say rebuilt! any were in the country. I started today and worked all day long to totally redo the wiring,hoses.under covering,everything under our rig. I should not have to do this but if I do not I will not be happy. So far Heartland has said they will pay for the repairs I have had to do like the tank vents repair,the shower drain trouble,the King bed frame coming apart. the fresh water tank falling down,the shower door hunge the wrong way. Now it is time for me to fix the rest of the things they should have done at the factory. I will not ask them to pay for this work but I will let them know buy sending them my pictures that I can do it better then they can and i will prove that in the work I do to it. I feel that if someone pays as much as we do for a rig like this it should be right when we get it. Heartland is not alone with this type of trouble. But they should take more care in their work. If they do not they will not be around long!! So I am going to show them and everyone else what a really well put together rig looks like! So I am going to post the pictures of the work I am doing as I go along with them on here. That way everone can see what a nice neat rig should really look like. There will be more before and after pictures of each part of the repairs and changes I make to the unit. These are just where I have just started the work. there will be more in the next day or so. You can bet Heartland will get all the pictures also.:) Well I am now done for a while got most of the mess fixed under the rig from the front to just behind the water tank. I look under the cover over the wheels OH my Lord. There is even more Half A-- work under there. Oh well I guess I will hit that this winter. We have a rally coming up Week after next in PC beach Fla. and then another in OCT.I have to get the harley ready now no more time for this rig. But I will make this rig the best cyclone on the road before I am finished. If I ever sell it. it will be bullet proof!!!

Attachments

• camperfdic 036.jpg
    camperfdic 036.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 152
  • camperfdic 041.jpg
    camperfdic 041.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 126
  • camperfdic 038.jpg
    camperfdic 038.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 116
  • trailer rebuild 001.jpg
    trailer rebuild 001.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 120
  • trailer rebuild 002.jpg
    trailer rebuild 002.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 129
  • trailer rebuild 012.jpg
    trailer rebuild 012.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 107
  • trailer rebuild 003.jpg
    trailer rebuild 003.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 96
  • all pictures check please 056.jpg
    all pictures check please 056.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 103
  • all pictures check please 062.jpg
    all pictures check please 062.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 91
  • trailer rebuild 011.jpg
    trailer rebuild 011.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Trailer repairs 009.jpg
    Trailer repairs 009.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 64
  • Trailer repairs 007.jpg
    Trailer repairs 007.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Trailer repairs 003.jpg
    Trailer repairs 003.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Trailer repairs 002.jpg
    Trailer repairs 002.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Trailer repairs 006.jpg
    Trailer repairs 006.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Trailer repairs 014.jpg
    Trailer repairs 014.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Trailer repairs 004.jpg
    Trailer repairs 004.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Trailer repairs 005.jpg
    Trailer repairs 005.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Trailer repairs 011.jpg
    Trailer repairs 011.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Trailer repairs 019.jpg
    Trailer repairs 019.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Trailer repairs 020.jpg
    Trailer repairs 020.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Trailer repairs 021.jpg
    Trailer repairs 021.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Trailer repairs 022.jpg
    Trailer repairs 022.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Trailer repairs 027.jpg
    Trailer repairs 027.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Trailer repairs 017.jpg
    Trailer repairs 017.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Trailer repairs 018.jpg
    Trailer repairs 018.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Trailer repairs 046.jpg
    Trailer repairs 046.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Trailer repairs 001.jpg
    Trailer repairs 001.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Trailer repairs 033.jpg
    Trailer repairs 033.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Trailer repairs 044.jpg
    Trailer repairs 044.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 84
  • Trailer repairs 010.jpg
    Trailer repairs 010.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Trailer repairs 030.jpg
    Trailer repairs 030.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Trailer repairs 034.jpg
    Trailer repairs 034.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Trailer repairs 047.jpg
    Trailer repairs 047.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

RickNB

Cool Job Loco

Looks so much better Loco and I got some great ideas especially using the 2x4 to support the covering mine is sagging the entire length of the unit .
Amazing what a little bit of time and pride can do :) . Hopefully the folks at Heartland can show some of your pics to there staff so they will know what it should look like.

On edit a question Loco I understand that you have been talking to the factory ..... What do they say about this type of messy workmanship ? Do they condone it ? Do they say it should not look like that ? Do they realy care? :mad:

Have Fun
Rick

BluegrassMan

Hi Loco:
Boy do you have a talent for detail. After viewing these pictures, It makes me wonder what the underside of my Landmark looks like. I'd probably faint.

Loco

Heartlands reponse to my wiring and other thing wrong

I have talk to just about everyone at Heartland. All the way to the top. They know of the troubles and say they are fixing them. They have been great to work with up to this date. Most of them have really listen to me. Jason in Cyclone sales and David in service have been wonderful. When this all started I was not in the postion to take my rig to the dealer because we were trying to get on the road for a business trip to Marion Wis. Plus I knew I could fix it faster and better than my dealer. Do not get me wrong. We have a great dealer and he has supported me 100% on getting these things fixed. He loves the fact that I can take care of my own rig. Even if it take money away from him for service. He just wants me happy. I am happy with the rig over all,but I do not like what I find behind the walls and under the floors. When I pay for a rig like this it should be at least built some what right. But the thiings I am finding are not the big things, (WELL A FEW WERE) but the little one that will cause trouble after the warranty runs out. GO FIGURE. My fresh water tank could of fallen out on the road and killed someone. Thank God it fell at home in my front yard. It did not come all the way down, But it would have if we had been doing 70 on the highway and bouncing up and down with 916 lbs of water. We will see for sure if they pay me for all my hours of fixing the big things. I have one thing going my way. That I own a fire apparatus sales and service business in Ga and have been working on fire apparatus for 27 years and they have more wiring,plumbing,ect,in them than a RV ever would. So I do feel like I know what I am talking about when I talk to them on the phone and I think they know that now

ChopperBill

Heres a picture of some of my Snowriver TC wiring, I should take more. The owner of the company went on the production line and spent several hours with his employees showing how he wanted the wiring done. All compartments have the same neatness to them. Any stray wires in there are what I installed. :eek: There is not ONE speck of sawdust or construction waste left in the camper. Every factory worker cleans his own mess before it goes down the line. We went on a trip to Penticten BC, Canada and took a tour of the factory. You will not find a better morale among workers than the ones at this plant!

185530129.jpg

HappyKayakers

Loco,
Thaks for all the pics. For those of us (like me) who haven't ventured into the nether regions of our rigs yet, they will certainly come in handy when that day comes.

Loco

That is what they should look like Bill

Bill,
Thats the way they should look Nice and neat.

Trap

I think the factory better hire you. They definitly need to tidy up there workmanship. I think there either pushing to hard or have a real QC problems. For the price of these rigs that's really not acceptable.

Trap

JoeW4300

Providing the photos should go under the heading of "Community Service". Really great photos showing what passes for craftsmanship. I wish I had known of this site prior to buying the BigHorn 3500 RL. Not surpising, our rig is in the shop again.
We wait again for the next great mis-adventure.
D.P. is about the only bright spot so far. His concern is the only one even vaguely genuine.
Joe