Outside Speakers

Ernie & Lettie

We have a 2010 North Country 29rls travel trailer. We are having outside speaker problems. Since getting the trailer in Dec 2008, the dealer has replaced the speaker towards the back 3 times and the one towards the front 2 times. Yesterday while waxing the trailer the speaker towards thhe back started screeching, making weird noises and barely can understand whats coming out of it. I have not told the dealer yet of the problem., When they replaced the speakers before they worked good for awhile then poof gone again. any help would be appreciated. Thank-you. Ernie & Lettie

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are several reasons speakers fail. One is they could be getting wet. Check to be sure they are sealed from the elements (even dew). Another is they are the wrong size - power wise. Look on the back of the original speaker to see what the ohms and wattage ratings are. Finally they are receiving too much power - i.e. a short in the system. Good luck in tracking down the problem. (my first guess is there is a short in the system)

Ernie & Lettie

Jim I thought about what you said, They are outside speakers and I would hope that they replaced them with outside speakers. I think that I will call the dealer and see what they think it is. Again thanx for the info. We are getting ready to leave for 4 days starting the 15th of april. One more thing the speakers inside are doing great, no problems whatsoever, again thanx

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Our RV line of speakers designated for exterior use should not perform in this fashion. We will need additional information in order to better assist you with this. It would be best for you or your dealer to call us for more troubleshooting. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Ernie & Lettie

The speaker that is towards the rear has gone bad, it is barely understandable, Also scratchie, and crackley. This is the second time it has been replaced. Heartland will not replace the speakers under warrenty cause warrenty was up in dec 2009. Went to the dealer and they can get me new speakers,[which is the same speakers that I have now] If there was a upgraded speaker instead of the same speaker I would be more than happy to check it out. Just seems to me that these speakers are not up to the task at hand. Info I don't turn the outside speakers up loud cause of where we camp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx Ernie & Lettie

Cimriver

I am thinking you might want to contact ASA Electronics and see if they can help you figure out the problem. There are probably lots of good replacement speakers out there, but you really need to figure out what is going on.

jimtoo

Hi Ernie & Lettie,

ASA Electronics has replied to your post about the speakers. You need to call the number they posted if you want help from them.

Please give them a call and let us know or the outcome.

Jim M

jmaguire

We have a blown front speaker. Our warranty expired May 17. We have not used the camper since last December. I am also going to contact ASA as they have helped us before..

caissiel

I also had a bad speaker from day one of ownership. I did all the connection checks and communicated my findings to ASA and they shipped me a new one.

I was going to install a better quality unit, but the location of the speakers only alows a shallow mount unit . So I stayed with the same model for now. So far so good.

Ernie & Lettie

Update, called asa today and we talked for about 45 minutes, they gave me some troubleshooting tips. I will troubleshoot the system next week after we get back from our trip. They were very nice and very helpfull. will keep everybody informed when we get back. Thanx for everybodys help. Ernie & Lettie