5th Airborne pin box

pljamison

Does anyone have experience with a 5th Airborne pin box sold through Camping World among other outlets? I am considering ordering one because of frequent trips East where the interstates seem to be so horribly rough. Also the anti-chucking seems a positive benefit. Any thoughts will be welcome.

jimtoo

Hi pljamison,

I do not have a Airborne pin box, but I do have a Trailair pin box. I have heard good reports on the Airborne, but regardless,,, I would not tow without one of some brand to cushion the bumps.

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

I will weigh in on the fifth airborne. We like ours. I am still trying to get the pressure right but man oh man Bat Man does it ever take care of the shock from those roads, Like I-10 for one. One thing I like about the fifth air is the air bag is protected from the elements up under the pinbox. I have the BH3670 and I was able to still use the abs pin box nose cone.

rick_debbie_gallant

Right now I am trying to get things balanced out between my trucks air bags and the air bag on the pin box. Right now it is takeing about 70 lbs to get to the line on the shock.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have one and love it, bit of a pain keeping air in it but other than that works great.../Doug

lwmcguir

We sure like ours as well, however we run 90 PSIG in it. About 70 in the TV bags and 70 and 80 in the Center Point. Rides like a dream on rough roads. It is a better pin box than some of the others.

ArkSlim

Having trouble keeping air in my Airborne and can't get it up to the line with my 100# compressor. Any suggestions?

DXprowler

Haven't tried the AirBorne but have a TrailAir and love it! As previously said I wouldn't want to be without some sort of pin box cushion.

lwmcguir

Having trouble keeping air in my Airborne and can't get it up to the line with my 100# compressor. Any suggestions?

Time for soap and water. About 10% good sudsing dish soap diluted into water and you should be able to find the leak.