Cracked Landmark fender

beardedone

Beardedone
We just came back from the trailer. Discovered a fender has a vertical crack in it running through a screw hole, (of course) and was wondering if anybody has had any success in repairing them. I previously had loosened the screws to try and avoid this. I guess I should have just taken them out, lol.:(

jnbhobe

Heartland replaced mine at the Goshen rally. A lot of people have had them crack. Jon

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
We had the same issue with the fender on the door side.

After our first trip the dealer and Heartland replaced that fender and reinforced the bracing for that fender ,, life is good

Mike

beardedone

Beardedone
Unfortunately my 09 Landmark is out of warranty so I doubt I would be getting a free warranty. I will have to find some way to patch it.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
A quick fix that worked for me, over 10,000 miles and no repeat cracks, took the screws out and went to the hardware store and bought a hand ful of rubber washers and put them between the fender and the rig and snugged them down the problem was that when put on by the factory, it was causing the fenders to pull the plastic in with the void behind the fender and was putting stress on it, with the washer in place no room for movement. this has worked for me so far. hope this helps.
Mike

Birchwood

The right fender on my 09 Pinehurst cracked at two screw holes .The lower bracket in the middle of the fender(the one under the H )was not attached
causing to much movement while traveling.I drilled a hole and attached it with a bolt using rubber washers.