Toggler TA wall anchors

2010augusta

We are face issues anytime we want to mount something to the walls in side our RVs. I want things to stay in place and not fall down, so I steer away from sticky tape and velcro, in favor of wall anchors. I am not too shy about drilling holes in the walls, after all this is OUR RV and we will make it our own.

In the past, I used metal toggle bolts, to mount a small shelf to a wall in the slideout, but today I needed to mount a decorative hook to hold the dogs leashes. The two retractable leashes weigh a few pound so I knew a would need some type of anchor to mount the hook to one of the interior walls. I went to Lowe's to see what "new" stuff was available.

I found Toggler wall anchors. they make plastic wall anchors for many applications. The Toggler TA is for 1/8"-1/4" wall panels and hollow doors. It does require a 5/16" hole to be placed in the wall, but that is still smaller that many other wall anchors.

Togggler.com

ta.jpg

jbeletti

Good info Alan.

I have also had good luck with the screw type sheetrock anchors when used inside the RV on the exterior walls. There is a decorative layer of luan, then block foam. It screws right in :)

Self-drilling%20drywall%20anchors%20001.jpg

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Good info Alan.

I have also had good luck with the screw type Sheetrock anchors when used inside the RV on the exterior walls. There is a decorative layer of luan, then block foam. It screws right in :)

Self-drilling%20drywall%20anchors%20001.jpg

I used the metal version of these in the garage for my dresser add on. In the thin plywood they hold nowhere near as well as they do in Sheetrock and will use something different next time.

jbeletti

Duane,

Is your cabinet mounted on the hollow wall between the garage and the kitchen? If so, my guess is with no backer, you're gonna have a hard time getting a decent hold - regardless of fastener type. It's in the outside walls that I have had decent luck with these.

Jim

porthole

Retired
Duane,

Is your cabinet mounted on the hollow wall between the garage and the kitchen? If so, my guess is with no backer, you're gonna have a hard time getting a decent hold - regardless of fastener type. It's in the outside walls that I have had decent luck with these.

Yes, I figured it is just a piece of Luan and that these "screw in" anchors would work. Apparently Luan doesn't have the same strength as sheetrock