Bighorn rim blow out

v92c

Texan
I pressured my tires to 105 this morning before heading out. I made it about 10 miles before I increased speed to 65 mph. Before I got to 65 the rim exploded. The side of the rim blew off, the tire careened down the highway into the ditch. I was able to make it to a tire shop, they put on the spare. Since I didnt have the right lig wrench.

I was on the way to the dealership for warranty service anyway. They said they would ship the tire and rim off to investigate, but it will be a lengthy process. Dont like the sound of that. The camper has less than 500 miles on it. I had been running 80psi. I also had the tire shop check the pressure in the remaining tires, it was 105 in all three.

GaryB

Tire Blowout

V92C

Glad to hear that nobody was hurt and nothing was damaged beyond the rim and tire. Please keep us updated about what happens. I'm thinking to buy a 3055 and would like to know how responsive the factory is to this problem, as well as whether to replace the stock trailer tires with something better.

Gary

jcd8822

Joseph
What size tires does your unit have? We have LT235/80R16E on our Bighorn and the correct pressure is 80. They checked it at the rally and said that 80 was correct and the tire dealer who replaced our tire aired the new one to 80.
105 sounds like too much pressure.

Joseph
Sealy, TX

v92c

Texan
The 3655RD has 7000lb axles which use a G rated tire, on the side of the tire it lists the max pressure at 110psi. I had the tire shop check all the tires, they agreed that 105 was good.

BTW Hey from Bellville