Kitchen slide buckles lino when coming in

beardedone

Beardedone
When the slide comes in it pushes the lino up in a wave. I am afraid it is going to crack the lino. I looked at it from the outside with the slide fully extended. All the lino is lifted up along the outside edge of the floor. Has anybody had this happen to them? Has anybody glued the lino down along the edge? If so how did it work? Has anybody used a liner to lay over the lino for the roller to actually roll over, ie; lino-temporary overlay track material like heavy plastic etc and then brought in the slide? Thanks:(

2010augusta

it happens to our on occasion. I think the cabinet are about the only thing hold the Lino in place. if you remove the heat vent in the floor you can see how much the lino can be lifted.

Bobby A

it happens to our on occasion. I think the cabinet are about the only thing hold the Lino in place. if you remove the heat vent in the floor you can see how much the lino can be lifted.

Yes, mine did the same thing, it was a bad roller that Heartland replaced, yes you can use a thin piece of wood or plastic to put under the roller so it won't buckle the leno. Make sure your roller is working properly first.

kkamshop

We noticed this happening on our kitchen slide today - Bobby A (or anyone) can you give me more info on the roller replacement - did you do it yourself?

I may need 2 rollers replaced on that slide.

Willym

This doesn't seem right. All the slides that I have had, including Lippert on my current s.o.b., travel clear of the floor. No roller or other piece should touch the flooring. Unless the current design has the floor supporting the slide deliberately as it comes in, then either something is caught under the slide, or the slide needs adjusting upwards. Adjustment is not too difficult, there are instructions on the Lippert site.
I don't get my Landmark until June, so I'd be interested to hear how these slides are supposed to work. Rolling something over the floor can't be good for it.

Last edited:

beardedone

Beardedone
I will be having a tech repair mine in a few days and I will then post a report on what he found and did to correct it.

Willym

This doesn't seem right. All the slides that I have had, including Lippert on my current s.o.b., travel clear of the floor. No roller or other piece should touch the flooring. Unless the current design has the floor supporting the slide deliberately as it comes in, then either something is caught under the slide, or the slide needs adjusting upwards. Adjustment is not too difficult, there are instructions on the Lippert site.
I don't get my Landmark until June, so I'd be interested to hear how these slides are supposed to work. Rolling something over the floor can't be good for it.

I was at my dealers today helping out a bit on the PDI of a Rushmore. I did see the rollers under the kitchen slide. They are quite wide and did not seem to be causing any marking or movement of the "Beauflor". However it was darn cold here today and the floor was pretty hard. Didn't find too many issues with this trailer - mostly minor issues like door adjustments required. I'll be back there tomorrow as it has to have washer dryer and a Kingdome installed.