Need to buy a new fith wheel rv

Isabellel

I need to buy a new fith wheel rv, I am debating between Jayco and Heartland. I don't know anyone who has an Heartland. Are they good?reliable? worth the money?

Help!!!

jimtoo

Hi Isabellel,

My name is Jim, and I own a Heartland BigHorn 3055RL. So, now you know someone that owns a Heartland. :D

All kidding aside, I am on my second Heartland unit and had 2 other brands before, I would not change back, or have another brand now. Heartland builds a great unit for the price, but sometimes as with all units your gonna have problems, usually minor with the Heartland units. Regardless, the factory customer support is the best. If you do have a problem, they will sometimes even authorize a non dealer repair facility to do warranty repairs.

Here on the Heartland Owners Forum, the factory people monitor several of the areas and replies and answers questions concerning problems or just questions about the units. This is a big plus to be able to have direct factory contact not only on the forum, but they will answer the telephone also if you need to call about a problem.

I looked at several different brands before purchasing our Big Horn, dollar for dollar, I think you get more for your money in quality of materials used, construction and features.

And Heartland is not 3rd in the industry in just 6 years for no reason. This is link to RV Business Industry News.

Jim M

SilverRhino

When we went in to "look" at 5th wheels last summer, we were actually thinking about a Jayco. After looking at the Jayco units and the Heartland Big Country, we felt that the BC met our needs better. The fit, finish and construction was also better in the BC ( Our opinion of course )

After looking at many different brands....dollar for dollare...we felt we got not only more, but also a better product with the Big Country!

Good luck on your search...take your time and try to imagine using the coach...little things can make a big difference. No matter what you choose.....enjoy!

Travel Safe!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our first RV was a Jayco pop-up. Although not one of their 5th wheels, if the quality ran the same, you didn't have to look far past the smoke and mirrors to see how poorly they were put together. Our next was a Forest River TT. Actually, not bad construction quality for the most part, but still not up to what we have in our Heartland Bighorn 3670. And I never saw or was informed of an owner's forum like this one. This, in itself, is like a free bonus.

rick_debbie_gallant

Good afternoon neighbor! Just wanted to weigh in with my two cents worth. This is our second fifth wheel. Our first, a forest river product (wildcat 27) was okay but just okay. The quality in the wildcat just was not there, plus a little cramped. Our BiG Horn 3670 is another story. It has a lot of room, is put together well plus there is great support from the people in Elkhart and the folks at Heartland. And the Heartland products has a really cheap option/bonus, the Heartland owners club and the forum. I don't think many of the SOB's will have an outlet (the heartland owners forum) for people having problems with their units to vent, for the whole world to see. This forum is also a great place to troubleshoot problems you may be having with your rig when you can't get in touch with the factory. Plus there are even those of us who will open up their yards for a place to stay over night or to call for help. Any questions. contact me.

To answer your questions: YES, YES, AND YES.

goodtruck

We got ours last year after looking at different units for almost 10 months.we looked at construction,storage,floor plans,and what people that had them said about the different units.when I called Heartland and talked to the factory rep he told me the good and the bad not just what he thought I wanted to hear like the other builders not one of them would give me a downside to anything the did.Knowing that NO COMPANY builds a perfact unit I was swayed by the honest answers I got from heartland and did buy a heartland product and after almost a year I am not sorry at all infact if I ever buy another unit it will be a Heartland product.

hart1369

we've had our sundance for ten months we are very happy with the money . do a good pdi find a good dealer that seams to be a big key but the factory people are spot on

jbeletti

Hi Isabella,

Jayco and Heartland - both good products. I think you will want to see both in addition to doing online research. I can only speak directly to Heartland. I am in my 3rd unit and love it. Getting better each product year too :) For the money - Heartland is an awesome value. And as others have stated, you aren't just buying an RV - your getting access to one of the best kept secrets out there - access to one of the most useful manufacturer-centric RV resources, the Heartland Owners Forum - right here :)

And yep - there's the Owner Club too. Keep digging and comparing. Look for a floorplan by Jayco and by Heartland that suits you well. Then see them in person if possible. Finally, if you have a particular Heartland brand in mind, I'd love to put you in touch with the Brand Manager for that specific brand. He can answer any and all questions you may have about his product.

Best of luck,

Jim Beletti
Admin, Heartland Owners Forum
Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs, LLC
President, Heartland Owners Club

irvin56

Not a 5th wheel BUT A North Trail 31qbs. (Heartland).

I also have owned other units and also LOOKED for months before we purchased ours in feb 08.
WE toured RV shows, dealers and talked to our freinds and families.

We found in our travels that we always when back to compairing the layout, weight and finish, inside and out.
After finding this forum and asking ??'s we went back to dealer. put a deposit down with pick up in april. 08.

we still did some more investigating before pickup, they never had their money. YET.

We did pick it up and never regretted it since. we keep our units for yrs. (17 yrs last one) and When I do move up. It will be a heartland product

Hi, I also purchased 2008 Bighorn. We had a wildcat forest river before. We love are heartland and would buy again. Any problems were handled fast by heartland themselves. Any minor problems we fixed ourselves as we purchased through us dealer. Exchange rate is good now and you are much closer to the factory. Good luck. We also looked at the Jayco and they did look well built. You get a nice product for your dollar in the heartland product. They also made nice changes in the last two years.

DougS

Doug S
Hi Isabellel,

We too are looking for a new 5th. We hope to take ownership near June 1st on a Landmark Grand Canyon after it is built. We were in Elkhart last summer and went on many factory tours, the Heartland tour was the best RV tour we have ever been on. We also stopped at many RV dealers and shows while traveling, Heartland has remained at the top of our list. We hope to revisit the factory with friends this summer on the way to Alaska, hopefully, they will want to trade up. Like others have said, the Heartland products impressed us the most. We thought of the Big Horn first, but the Grand Canyon should fit our needs, fingers crossed.

DougS (Wanta be, soon to be)

jimtoo

Hi DougS,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new unit when you get it.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M