Audio Diagram for Landmark

J

Jeff

Hello Again:

I'm placing this PDF file of the Audio Diagram here.

It shows the wiring in the Landmark and the 2 un-attached coax wires and where they go.

This will make it easier for those of you looking to hook up a Satallite feed to the bedroom area via the VCR Hookup. Currently, only Cable TV is hooked up to both TV's.

This is a must have diagram for Landmark owners.

Take Care.

Jeff

Papaw

Papaw--------(Jack)
Diagrams

Jeff,
Are these diagrams furnished in the owners manual that you recieve upon purchase or are they only available on special request? This is a major weakness in the RV field -- no wiring or plumbing diagrams or repair access points in the owners manual. This would be another big plus for Heartland.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I don't know about the owners manual but they are now included on Heartlands web site under Technical Diagrams. It is as of this post, only available for the Landmark Series and not the Bighorn.
Phil

J

Jeff

Audio and Other Diagrams!

Phil and Papaw:

I got all the diagrams off the Heartland RV site. Figured they would be handy here too.

And No, the diagrams are not in the users manual, even though they should be.

The users manual really needs alot of work. I have yet to see an RV that has a descent users manual. Alot of it is just instruction manuals from the various components installed in the trailer. In many ways, very hard to figure out.

The Audio diagram is very useful, since there was no mention as to what the 2 open coax cables behind the Living Room TV were for! Now I know one goes to the Satallite box and the other will tie into the switch box in the closet, so you can have Satallite TV in the Bedroom.

I have a Technical Background and have thought about writing or re-writing the manual. But, first I have to find the time and then I'd need a lot of details from the Factory to put it in laymans terms for the average user. ALOT OF WORK!

Anyway, whenever the factory ads something new, I'll try to keep the website updated with it.

You all take Care.

Jeff

nemo45

Why couldn't you hook up the Satellite Dish to the cable connection? Then you would have satellite to both TV's. I've done this on my Wildcat. Of cousre if you want a roof mount that's a differnt story.

J

Jeff

Satallite Hookup!

Hi Don:

That could be done. But, if you go to a park that has Cable TV hookup, I usually use that vs. dragging out the dish and setting it up. Plus, you can't combine signals with a Digital Dish vs. a Analog Cable Signal, won't work.

Heartland left the 2 cables in the trailer free for just this purpose. Of course, you will have to use a splitter to hook into the transfer box in the closet to get Satallite to the bedroom and living room.

I'm only gonna use one Satallite receiver, but will hook that up to the Living Room TV and I have the Infrared remote for the bedroom TV also. When I had my TrailManor, the factory actually wired the trailer for both signals and I had 2 different jacks for each. Made hooking things up alot easier.

Anyway, once I get the Landmark opened up again for Spring Cleaning, I'll show a picture diagram of how I did what and why.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

J

Jeff

Big Horn Audio???

Hi Don:

Off hand I want to say yes, but can't for sure!

When Jim and I were down there 2 weeks ago, we didn't get a chance to really look at all the hook up stuff.

Since the factory wants to keep things pretty standard in the way they build these units, I'd say yes, it's hooked up the same way.

I forgot, does the Big Horn come with 2 TV's or just one? I know the one we saw had the cabinet in the bedroom wired for the TV, but no set in there!

Keep in Touch.

Jeff

Tom of Ypsi

Was at the RV show yesterday in Pontiac, Mi and did not see a second television in the Big Horn. Nice trailer good price for the quality. The big talk was the Landmark and I even heard one person tell the Mobile Suite salesperson that he should go look at the Landmark. I am going back to the show, free tickets, Sat. I have an appointment with a salesperson to look at some financial dealings on the Landmark. She is very knowldegable and wants to work out some details. Who knows how broke I will be by the end of the day. After talking with her for well over an hour I find out that she graduated HS with my youngest brother. Don't know if that helps but whatever it takes to get a cheaper price.

J

Jeff

Hi Tom:

I guess you have the DW convinced you really need the Landmark?

She'll love it!

Great post too, about the comments concerning Mobile Suites.

By the way, what kind of Tow Vehicle do you have?

Take Care.

Jeff

nemo45

There's no TV in the bedroom of the Big Horn, but the hookups are there. What size TV comes in the Bedroom with the Landmark? I have a 13" with a built in VCR in my Wildcat's bedroom and I'm wondering if that will fit. Also have a 20" in the entertainment center with a built in DVD player which would be even better if it fit of the Big Horn bedroom.

J

Jeff

TV's

Hi Don:

The Landmark comes with a 24 inch in living room. And with a 20 inch in the bedroom.

In our Landmark, the 20 inch fits into the cabinet on a slideout tray like in the living room. 20 inch is about the biggest you can fit in there.

The Big Horn has Angled cabinets with doors, the TV fits inside. I'm guessing here, but it should accomodate at least a 20 inch set in there.

OH, by the way, We're up to 37 members now!

Take Care.

Jeff

jbeletti

Nice truck Tom. The same truck was on my short list for sure. I called my dealer yesterday and found out that the truck I factory ordered this month is scheduled to ship by the end of this month. That is fast! Especially in that I was told 8 to 12 weeks. Guess the dealers want to be on the safe side when giving dates. I am hoping to be in the new truck around Valentine's day. Wonder if I'll get out of getting a Valentine's gift for Nancy? Doubt it!

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,

Thanks for the compliment on the truck. I am sure you will enjoy your new truck and maybe you will get lucky with yours like I did with mine. I was told mine was being built on Aug 9 and it would be one to two weeks before it would be at the dealer. Got a call on the 9th and it was not built. Got a call on the 10th and it was built. Got a call on the 12th and it was at the dealer. Not bad considering it had to leave the plant in Kentucky and come up to Michigan. I guess they do not let duallys sit around long. Has been a good truck so far. Hope yours is also with many hapy towing trips.

Attachments

• rv.JPG
    rv.JPG
    545.4 KB · Views: 4

Tom of Ypsi

Hi bowtorc, You should be able to find the diagram a twww.heartlandrv.com We were all new at one time so do not feel that asking any question makes one a pain. In fact I was new 57 1/2 years ago and my dw thinks I am still a pain but my mother no longer thinks that.:)

jbeletti

Landmark Audio/Visual Wiring Diagram

Hi All,

I've attached the A/V wiring diagram for the Landmarks.

I've gotten to understand the wiring in my trailer pretty good at this point. Any questions, please ask.

Jim

Attachments

• AUDIO.pdf
    126.4 KB · Views: 369

phranc

Jim . Do you think the same diagram would apply to BigHorn's.. 2006 model's ?
On my 3600 in the entertainment ctr, along with the DVD/radio I have also found a A/B switch ,a splitter and on the desk there is also 2 more 'F' connectors in their own wall plate and the phone/12 V plate .. I did manage to hook up Sat by using left hand sat conn. and taking apart the A side of the A/B switch and putting sat receiver inline at that point.. At any rate I have more connectiones than I know what to do with..
Any help appreciated..

jbeletti

phranc,

My guess is the BigHorn A/V wiring is different than the Landmark. I'll contact the factory to confirm this and to see if I can get that PDF file to post here.

Jim