Need bolt pattern for wheels

beardedone

Beardedone
Hello. Can someone tell how many wheel bolts an 09 Landmark Augusta would have. My trailer is at our winter site and I need to know how many bolts on the wheels. We are trying to re-spring this thing so we can make it safer and spring dealer needs that info to build an estimate and action plan. Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gerry, your Landmark should have 8 lugs per wheel. It should also have a 7,000 lb. rating per axle. It would probably be safe to increase the spring rating to 8,000 lb. pet axle.

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks for the replies. The spring size is the issue on the trailer. The springs are 1 3/4" wide. To get springs from any experienced and dependable dealer here they say I need better springs that should be 2" wide. I ordered the Centerpoint suspension and that won't accommodate heavier springs because the heavier ones are all slipper springs. So we are researching right now while the trailer sits because of damaged springs, hangers and now we find out the frame couldn't take it either and has bowed inwards. It is a mess to say the least. But I have to upgrade because to restore it to OEM specs would just invite more trouble. We are going to have to put it on the laser frame machine, straighten & fix the frame by welding in gussets etc. I am not a happy camper. McCoy Bros, a major truck/trailer frame & spring shop say it is like someone pushed the trailer sideways at 90 degrees.

lwmcguir

Your best bet is to use the 4000 pound springs available through Lippert. They seem to be OK and have held up on ours for 6 months. Much better springs than the 3500# units that come on the Landmarks.

Couple that with your Center Point and you will be fine. If you get into the slipper springs you have to weld three places on the frame and the frame is a bit light and narrow. Stay with the 4000# 1 3/4 inch and if you go to the 8K axles you will gain the extra drum width as well. Best value for the money. If you want something heavier then you would be better off going to SOB and getting a heavy duty unit. However you will have to have a F450 or bigger then.

lwmcguir

Thanks for the replies. The spring size is the issue on the trailer. The springs are 1 3/4" wide. To get springs from any experienced and dependable dealer here they say I need better springs that should be 2" wide. I ordered the Centerpoint suspension and that won't accommodate heavier springs because the heavier ones are all slipper springs. So we are researching right now while the trailer sits because of damaged springs, hangers and now we find out the frame couldn't take it either and has bowed inwards. It is a mess to say the least. But I have to upgrade because to restore it to OEM specs would just invite more trouble. We are going to have to put it on the laser frame machine, straighten & fix the frame by welding in gussets etc. I am not a happy camper. McCoy Bros, a major truck/trailer frame & spring shop say it is like someone pushed the trailer sideways at 90 degrees.

We upgraded to the 8K axles and Center Point before pulled out of the drive due to the center hangers and equilizers bending in with 300 miles on the coach. No sharp turns or curbs, just to light of material. The hangers and frame can be bent back straight. Install the new axles and Center Point and you will be in as good shape as you are going to get with the coach. Go for it.