Water Filter

olcoon

We should soon be getting our Elk Ridge 27RLSS, and I've been thinking about putting some type of water filter under the sink to keep any creepy crawlies out of our drinking water. I'll have a filter outside for the other junk that may be in the water. So far, all I've been able to find is the type that you'd mount next to the faucet, or the kind that are mounted on the spout. I'd rather just have one under the sink that filters all the water, but haven't been able to find one. Been to Lowes, HD, & Wally World, but no luck. What I'm wondering is; if I decide to mount it next to the faucet, can the counter top be drilled, and what type of drill should I use?

I know that for the most part water that we'll be using "should " be safe, but I don't want to trust a campground's well water 100%. I know that taking bottled water is an option, but sometimes that can be sort of a PITA. Does anyone have any ideas?

lwmcguir

A diamond tipped bit last the longest and you can drill multiple holes. The carbide tipped dull pretty fast. As far as the filter, any carbon filter/housing you get at Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's or other hardware store will work. Remember that carbon takes out the chlorine and will eventually become food for bugs. The message here is to change it our each season and use a 1:10 ration of household bleach to sanitize the holder. Most of the filters (other than for sediment) on the market are a joke and are there to take your money. If you are really concerned then install a small RO and then maintain it per the specs.