Club Member plaque

caissiel

Not sure where to place this

The other day I found my plaque on the ground by the ladder of my trailer.

The 4 push pins on the holder had failed and the plaque had fallen off.

I reinstalled it with 4 SS 1/4" screws and locknuts similar to licence plate fasteners.

Hope this helps other peiople before they loose it on the road.

jbeletti

Laurent,

Thanks for your post. While PLAK-R has since improved their design, I have never heard of the 4 pins failing like that. I have heard, on the design previous to yours, plastic welds failing on occasion. I will say that after nearly 2 years of travel on my rear ladder without the cotter pins, all of the sudden, my plaque came up missing upon arrival at the IL rally last fall (Kenny??). So - use those cotter pins to keep the frame secured to the ladder mounts. Thanks for letting folks know to keep an eye open for missing/failing push pins.

Should anyone have trouble with their plaque or their frame, they can get service through PLAK-R directly. Call Chuck at 866-427-5257. Great people to work with!

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Laurent,

Thanks for your post. While PLAK-R has since improved their design, I have never heard of the 4 pins failing like that. I have heard, on the design previous to yours, plastic welds failing on occasion. I will say that after nearly 2 years of travel on my rear ladder without the cotter pins, all of the sudden, my plaque came up missing upon arrival at the IL rally last fall (Kenny??). So - use those cotter pins to keep the frame secured to the ladder mounts. Thanks for letting folks know to keep an eye open for missing/failing push pins.

Should anyone have trouble with their plaque or their frame, they can get service through PLAK-R directly. Call Chuck at 866-427-5257. Great people to work with!

Jim

Hmmm.....missing plaque.....Kenny. It had to be those folks from Indiana that was there (kkamshop) I seen Ken roaming around alot after dark , had to up to no good. I think he was just acting friendly to check things out , you have to know it wasn't me , nice guy that I am. If you haven't got a replacement yet , I have an extra one I could loan or sell you for a small fee.........Kenneth:D

jbeletti

Your probably right Kenny. Or, maybe it was Neil. You know those shape shifters from MO - gotta watch 'em :)