Axles

REODAVE

I crawled under my M21 to tie up the brake wires but just tied right side, left needs to move with springs. Also looked at axle labels, they are rated at 2500 LB not 2000 LB as stated on Edge website GOOD DEAL.

EZ-LUBE hubs. Look at DEXTER website to see how theirs work whether to take apart every year is our decision.

jimtoo

Hi REODAVE,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

It's great that you got more than you expected. Be careful when you add grease to the hubs.

Just yesterday I had my bearings repacked at shop, when they removed the drums, you could see they did not need it, but the china seals had leaked, because I had grease on the brake shoes. This was just a check because my unit is a little over 3 years old and I had given the bearings a shot of grease occasionally, but the seals were not holding good. So now I know that the easy lube does work, just don't over do it... especially with the china seals... and after a search we could not find anything but china seals to replace them with... so not to happy there.

But,, all in all... I am happy. Got a nice unit, great wife, bunch of great Heartland friends.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jarhead

USMC Phantom Phixer
Recently on a weekend outing, on my walk-a-around I noticed the chrome hubcap on one of the wheel rims loose. I checked the stud nuts torque and all was ok. Took the wheel off and found the small metal tabs on the hubcap flattened out. Put the wheel and hubcap back on and tightened the stud nuts finger tight. Found a wabble with the tire/rim/brake drum. Lowered unit and torqued wheel studs. Still had a wabble. Took unit to a repair shop where on further inspection found, on two different axles, the cotter pin missing and the axle nut loose. This Big Horn is a 2009 with less than 5000 miles on it. Doesn't look like the install at the factory was done correctly. Quality control????
Long story short ........ new MBL grease, seals and cotter pins installed. Wheel studs torqued. Another unexpected cost to a very new unit.