Axle seals part numbers

DMitch

Would it be possible to get part numbers for the axle seals on my 2010 3580 Big Horn? I am going to pull the wheels and pack bearings, check brakes etc. and it would be nice to have the seals before I take it apart. My unit number is 208341.

Dragoon

Why not give Lippert or Heartland a call, they will need the below and should be able to tell you with no problem. My last e-mail from Lippert included the following:

Last 8 digits of the VIN number, Date of Manufacture, Date of Purchase, Make, and Model.
For axle issues, please also include the axle’s date of manufacture, the Lippert NV number and serial number.
You may also submit new issues via phone at 866-524-7821, for faster service please utilize the e-mail address: warranty@lci1.com
Thank you for your business.

However, when I ordered seals, I just told them I had 6k axles, year of mfg and mfg name.

For Heartland from their web-site:

Customer Service: M-F 8am to 5pm E.S.T.
Local number 574-262-8030
Fax number 574-262-8340
Email service@heartlandrvs.com
Mailing address: Customer Service
1330 Wade Dr.
Elkhart, IN 46514

For the fastest service please have the
following in hand before contacting
customer service

* Complete VIN number
* Mailing address
(Please no P.O. box numbers)
* Day time phone number

Hope this helps...

caissiel

The seal OD is all standard but the ID is different on the 6000# axles and 7000# axles

It may be 2.125" or 2.25" for 6000# axle and for sure it will be 2.25" for the 7000# Axle.

I did get in trouble for the purchase of these seal so I have 2 size of spares now.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dan, consider buying Chicago Rawhide seals for replacements. I'll go out and get you the number for them and reply asap. I'm assuming at this point the 3400 we have uses the same seals as your 3580. Do you have EZ Lube or Never Lube bearings?

jnbhobe

I try to get a good name brand seal that is double lipped, full steel encased with a felt dust seal.Any good parts store can get them. I try to get a National,C/R,SKF,Federal-Mogal, all are good. [click here] < These are the seal dementions for the LCI axle from their web site. I always check mine first. JON

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The Chicago Rawhide part number is. 22558 This is for a 6000# axle. I don't know if the spindle is any different for a 7000# axle.