Fresh Water Tank

Riverman

I haved read numerous threads regarding the "unusable" water in the tanks of the Cyclones. Has there been a remedy found at Heartland for this? If so, what was changed? and when?
I don't want to start taking my underbelly apart before I really need to.

Last edited:

smday

Gary,
Your gonna have to take some of underbelly apart anyhow. I have started upgrading my rig with a few options now and when i was looking for the wires for the side markers (adding LED turn signals to the sides) i noticed my water tanks sagging big time. On mine they only had 1/2'' osb plywood and 1 strap with 2 screws on each side holding up each tank and they were sagging big time. If i didn't notice this my first trip to the mountins on the rough roads would have been ugly. There would have been alot of bouncing around with 500 or so lbs on 2 screws and a strap and something would have gave. I have now reinforced them with angle iron and welded them into palce. (This is how it should be from the factory) I then refilled them and now there is no sagging at all. As for the plumbing of the water tanks it looks like they made some changes. The back tank is about an 1-1/2'' higher than the front tank and when i drained the water out it looked like all the water comes out from what i can see.

Riverman

Thanks for the heads up on the tanks Scott.
Guess I will drop this underbelly next chance I get and address that problem - don't want to be retrieving a tank off the highway. Did you do some insulating while you had it exposed? Were you able to remove & replace the underbelly material in one piece?

smday

I just cut out where the water tanks are. Then i put tabs on the angle iron to screw back the underbelly. I looked underneath to see if i should insulate some more but the 6 tanks (2-Fresh,2Grey,2Black) pretty much cover up the entire bottom with exception of maybe a foot in between each tank. I'm gonna post some pics of my mods when i get them finished up. The weather the last few days have been ugly so i have gone inside the garage to work on the quads and bikes now.

Riverman

Interesting long thread on this under "plumbing"

I have read numerous threads regarding the "unusable" water in the tanks of the Cyclones.

I was actually looking for an answer from the "Heartland Factory" as to whether or not anything been done in the new units to rectify the problem???

Riverman

Mr. Aplin...do you have any further information regarding this?
Is this going to be a problem in our 2011 models?

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your questions regarding the remaining water in the fresh water tanks. This is a question that you can contact our customer service at 877-262-8032. Thanks, Mike

gpshemi

Heartland should do a better job at answers on the forum I think. I'm not they realize the asset this place could be or is.

Riverman

Thanks Doug
Yes I have studied those photos numerous times!
Great Job BTW
I did talk with Customer Service and they have indeed remedied this problem with a new tank design.
If I ever need to remove the belly cover, I will try to get some photos & post here.

Gary

Riverman

Heartland should do a better job at answers on the forum I think. I'm not they realize the asset this place could be or is.

They have answered every question I had at the customer service # which you can find on the Portal tab.
Give em a try...they aim to please.

smday

I did talk with Customer Service and they have indeed remedied this problem with a new tank design.
If I ever need to remove the belly cover, I will try to get some photos & post here.

Gary

I guess this case is closed for now. Good luck with the trailer this season. I can't wait to start. 2 more weeks and I will be in mine when I'm working in Calgary and then taking it camping every 2 weeks on my days off. It's going to be a good summer in the Cyclone here.