WI rally update & who's registered

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
There is still time to register for the WI Chapter rally, June 04 - 06, Countryside Motor Home & RV Park, Lake Delton, cntryrdsrv@aol.com

So far there are 9 units registered ...
Paul/Sue (Alf), Dave/Mary (Cookie), Jerry/Karen (JerryV), Bob/Lynn (Saukville Bob), Peter/Merrie (Merrie), Jim/Jan (jimandjan), Elroy Post (ebpost), Jim/Nancy (Jim Beletti), Tom/Gerry (Tom Weber)

If you are considering attending the rally, please register as early as possible. By registering ASAP I stand an better chance of reserving more sites should that be necessary. Contact Country Roads Motor Home & RV Park, (608)253-2132, to reserve your spot. Don't hesitate to contact me with questions, comments, or ideas for your rally.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I was looking for the thread for the pot luck dish suggestions. Couldn't find anything so I guess I start it as part of this thread. Lin & I can bring whatever is needed for a dish but I'll tell ya what! Lin can make some darn tasty beans. We could also do some baked potato's instead. How about some thoughts from other attendee's! We're open to suggestions. It's not far off. We also thought a trip to the Crane Foundation might be a good idea.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ray, I've been thinkin the same thing. Mary will make a Cheesy Hashbrown Potato Casserole.
Oh, and I like darn tasty beans. They would go good with ribs.

Peace
Dave

merrie

Hi everyone, we're new this year. We'll bring German potato salad and fresh vegies and dill dip, and if I have some time left maybe some thing sweet for dessert. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Good morning to all,
We're looking forward to the big gathering, and sharing a meal together! We'll bring an Italian veggie medley-- it's a nice salad for a summer day and goes well with RIBS. (We were just wondering.... what DOESN'T go well with ribs?) Saukville Bob & Lynn

Ray and Lin, looking forward to seeing you again and hearing about your adventures this past year. Bob and I visited the Crane Foundation approx 25 years ago, so we would love to visit again if there is a grouop going. We often have sandhills flying over our area in Saukville since we're near the river.... I love their warbly chatter! Mrs. Saukville Bob (Lynn)

Ray LeTourneau

Ray and Lin, looking forward to seeing you again and hearing about your adventures this past year. Bob and I visited the Crane Foundation approx 25 years ago, so we would love to visit again if there is a grouop going. We often have sandhills flying over our area in Saukville since we're near the river.... I love their warbly chatter! Mrs. Saukville Bob (Lynn)
It's been quite a while for us too. It's a date! See you soon.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Hello All,
Paul and I are so looking forward to seeing everyone again! And this time we will actually be in a BIG HORN.
P7250061.JPG Paul and I have never been to the Crane Foundation but would be interested in going.I am also very interested in visiting the Wollersheim Winery as we never been there either. I was thinking of bringing an Italian Tomato Salad and real Italian Bread. I will also bring a dessert (to be determined).

tom

As of June 1, there are 12 rigs registered for the WI chapter rally. There is still time to join the group for a great time. So, if you are in the WI Dells area June 4 - 6, consider joining us at Country Roads Motor Home & RV Park, Lake Delton.

Those registered for the rally are Bob/Lynn Schmid, Dave/Mary Hromek, Ray/Lin Letourneau, Jack/Sue younger, Jerry/Karen Vredeveld, Jim/Nancy Beletti, Jim/Wilma Lamont, Jim/Jan Quella, Peter/Merrie Gott, Paul/Sue Alfano, Terry/Carol Hershberger, Tom/Gerry Weber.

The SOB that was part of the WI rally in 2009, will only be present in pictures, campfire stories, and memories this year. A brand new Bighorn will take the place of the dull, old, worn out SOB. Cannot wait for the guided tour, Paul and Sue.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, looks like John and Suzanne (Doolymax) from MN will be there on Thursday, so make that 13 rigs.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Well here we are at Country Roads. So far we have Tom, Cookie, Doolymax, Ray, Jim, Terry and our better halves. Another rig just arrived so I think I'll go out and see if it's a Heartlander. Jim & I had our fair share of Leinie's and Shiner Bocks tonight.

Alaf (Paul and Sue) have arrived with their new baby, and it sure sparkles, even in the dark. We are off to a great start. A big welcome to our new chapter members from MN, Jack and Sue Younger. Yes, they are Viking fans, but more important they are great Heartland owners at a rally with great people. Welcome to Terry and Carol Hershberger from TX. It's great to have you joining our group. Tomorrow's arrivals include new chapter members Peter and Merrie Gott, and returning members Saukville Bob and Lynn, JerryV and Karen. Jim and Wilma Lamont and Jim B and Nancy complete the list of first time rally attendees arriving on Friday. The biggest task tomorrow besides meeting and greeting? Displaying the Heartland Owners Club Banner. Safe travels to all those heading to Country Roads.

tom

Everyone made it safely to Country Roads, has set up and the activities were in 10th gear by 13:00. Thank you Dave (Cookie) and Mary for hosting the cheese, cracker and vegie kickoff reception. After about 7 hours we were still meeting and greeting. Another thank you to Paul (Alaf) and Sue for providing the homemade pizza. The best part was the history lesson provided by Alaf as he prepared the pizza just like the Indians did many years ago. Over a roaring fire using a tripod cooking grill and a stone platter. It is good to have a learning experience as part of the rally agenda. Many of us can return home and share this experience with our grandchildren. Saturday's activities begin with breakfast provided by Ray and Lin and Paul and Sue. After breakfast trips are planned to the Winery or the crane foundation. However, the big question centers around the national rally in Nashville. Will Jack and Sue Younger be at the rally? We will all have to wait until July 15 to find out the answer. Sue has stated they will be there, but Jack has not "shown" his hand. Finally, the food drive the WI Chapter is sponsoring at Country Roads seems to have been well received by the other campers in the park. Food will be collected at site 13, turned over to Terri Lynn in the office on Sunday, and picked up by the Lake Delton Community Service Group on Monday. I have a positive feeling this food drive will show the Lake Delton community Heartland owners care about others. Until next time, happy camping.