Dinette warped...

Bighurt

I got my unit last week and everything looks great but the table top for the Dinette is seriously warped (cupped). Is this an item covered under warrenty and if so how do I go about doing so. I sent the card in but how long should I wait before I call?

Like I said everything else checks out so far but I'd perfer a flat table...

GETnBYE

IMHO, skip the dealer and call customer service. But, that's just me. Good luck, seems like a very fixable thing and I am sure that CS will help you out.
Nita

Dragoon

This was the case for us as well. While I would definitely get it fixed under warranty, if possible, what we did was go to a local Lumber/Hardware Store and spent under $10 for a piece of finished plywood (4' x 4'). Replaced the badly warped piece that is attached to the pedestal, took about an hour altogether. Since the nearest warranty center was 45 miles from us, it would have cost more for diesel there and back to fix it than it did for the plywood. It worked for us, certainly not for everyone. Good luck, safe travels...

Bighurt

I talked to Lakeshore this week they said to take pictures and send it to them for review. Then they will order the new table and have it shipped to me, I just need to ship the old one back.

Do you think they will send the return shipping slip, or am I going to have to foot the bill to get the table to them?

hotonpi

I know this is an older post, but I am having the same warping problem with the rear table (the one in the garage) of my 2011 Cyclone 3950. I took pictures of it and am now figuring out where to turn for help. I think I'll start with my local Heartland dealer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I know this is an older post, but I am having the same warping problem with the rear table (the one in the garage) of my 2011 Cyclone 3950. I took pictures of it and am now figuring out where to turn for help. I think I'll start with my local Heartland dealer.
hotonpi, great idea to take pictures. Start with your dealer but if you aren't satisfied and seem like it's going nowhere, please feel free to contact Heartland directly. It's always best to go through the dealer first though.

Bighurt

The dealer was really great for me, although I dropped the ball and still have the warped table. All they needed was pictures and they were going to take care of the rest. Like I said I dropped the ball.

In all honesty as a wood worker it was mostly due to an impasse with the wife and my way of thinking. She doesn't like the table period, and I had a nice butcher block I salvaged from another job. The intent was to replace the old table with the butcher block and add a counter extension as well.

Sadly much of my workshop and all my materials to include the butcher block was lost in the Minot Flood.

Now I'm back to square one and it's been far to long to claim warranty at this point. Hind sight is always 20/20...

And just as a point of clarification the wife didn't and still doesn't like the difficulty converting the table to a bed. When things get back to normal around here I hope to improve that some how.