another spring question

Bobby A

does anyone know if I upgrade a 7K spring to an 8K spring does the original Equa-flex need changing also to accomadate the upgraded springs ???
Thank you,
Bobby A

caissiel

When I ordered the new springs for my 7000# axles I was told by Lippert Rep that the springs were not able to be installed on my axles.
If you have the 1/2" U-Bolts it will surely not fit, but the 9/16" U-Bolts they send me are long enough for the thicker springs. If the 8000# springs are 1.75" wide.

Bobby A

When I ordered the new springs for my 7000# axles I was told by Lippert Rep that the springs were not able to be installed on my axles.
If you have the 1/2" U-Bolts it will surely not fit, but the 9/16" U-Bolts they send me are long enough for the thicker springs. If the 8000# springs are 1.75" wide.

O.k. thanks for that info, but I was wondering though if the trail air equalizers(equa-flex) will have to be upgraded also with the new upgraded 8K springs ?? or will the original ones (7K) fit??

Bobby A

Here is the Equaflex Info

Thanks Laurent, it appears that on the link you provided that the biggest one fits both 7 and 8 K springs, so I would assume that on my 2010 3580 Big Horn with 7K axles I already has the biggest one, so if I upgrade to an 8K spring it appears that I already have the correct size equa flex to accomadate the bigger 8K spring. Is this correct everyone ??

lwmcguir

You are correct, the equaflex is the same on the 3500# and 4000# spring. But why not go with center point suspension and really make an improvement that will last a long time?

caissiel

No I still have the 7000# springs. My Unit rides well and I will keep that setup for a while and check the springs. I did change the angle of the shocks and will put it to test,