No Hot Water!! Bighorn 3670RL

Doxylady

We are out on our second trip with our new Bighorn 3670RL. We recently had warrenty work done on some leaks we had in the basement. Now we have no hot water, At first we had SOME hot water, but then it would fizzle out to just drips, but it was still warm. I found a kink in the hose near the hot water tank bypass and then noticed that the line said cold/hot water intake. But it was on the bypass side of the handle. So my DH switched the hoses, got rid of the kink. We heard the water heater kick on, then about 15 min later kick off. And ICE cold water out of the hot water tap. We had pressure this time, but it was cold. Any ideas? At least we are in Fl having to take cold showers!:p

2010augusta

Have you tried it on electric? What positions are all 3 water heater switches in? is the heater full water and have you opened the pressure relief valve to confirm? Check out the water heater Wiki article for more information.

Doxylady

yes, i relieved the hotwater valve. the water goes in the hotwater tank, the problem is, it does leave it. if you turn on the hot side of the faucet nother come out.

tmcran

Have you checked to be sure the valves are correct? Turn the hot water valve the other way and see if that helps. I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. The back flow preventer /check valve-- was bad. Installed a new one and it was bad. I had to return the one I just bought and tried another --No problems now. This sounds as if the valves have gotten turned out of whack.