Elkridge Winterizing Valve Modification

Cimriver

Just brought home our new Elkridge ER34QSRL. Really beautiful rig. Overall we are extremely happy with it, however the location of the winterizing valves and siphon hose is not going to work for me. It is accessed by crawling into the basement storage, removing an access panel (4 screws) and reaching into the 12" x 12" cutout to reach the valves. This must be changed! I am thinking of re-routing the plumbing to the UDC and installing the bypass valve like I see on the Big Country's.

Has anyone done this that can offer advice on how best to do so?

Anyone know where I can find the Swan Industries bypass valves (RMV 336 AKP) like those used on the Big Country brand?

Cimriver

Well there you go! I missed that link when I was wandering around their site. I figured they only sold through distribution. They also make an electric valve that is part of their winterizing kit. I actually kind of like that idea, but it may be too expensive.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Keep us informed with pics if you do it since it is the first thing i thought of doing when we got the same unit as you three weeks ago

Cimriver

Trying figure out a place to mount the valve in the UDC. There really isn't room unless I remove the outdoor shower. I am considering doing this. Our last fifth-wheel also had an outdoor shower that we never used once. So I'm no thinking I would miss it.