Locks for bathroom pocket doors - your ideas ?

RollingHome

Before I re-invent the wheel with research and time loss, thought I'd ask. I want to put some type of privacy locks on my bathroom pocket doors (they slide into wall). I may use something as simple as hook & eyes. Does anyone know if previous threads addressed this ? If not, do you have any ideas for the locks I mentioned ? :confused: In advance, Thanks, Tom

RollingHome

Thank You Alan, the Quikset looks like what I need. I also need to remember to try searching before posting. I seem to remember right after I type a question and right before before I hit "Post Quick Reply"... Thanks Again :)

Wharton

On our previous trailer(still waiting for BH 3670) we used window latches for all the sliding doors. Sometimes had to put a little piece of wood under the latch but they worked well.

RollingHome

I know I'm sounding like a whining litle whimp... BUT wouldn't it be nice IF HL offered a "Lock Package"... in other words.... do the leg work for us ? I know I can go to Home Depot and buy the locks,,, But what if HL did this and offered this as a (let's say cost plus 30%)... they'd be happy, I'd be happy and you'd be happy... We'd be happy campers... Oh, I'm sorry, we;d be happy RV'ers... Oh well, guess I'lj buy it myself... install it and whine some more... Comon, HL don't be a dumb S_ _ _ We luv ya but... comon get it together alright... Just My not so Humble Opinion...

JonV

Before I re-invent the wheel with research and time loss, thought I'd ask. I want to put some type of privacy locks on my bathroom pocket doors (they slide into wall). I may use something as simple as hook & eyes. Does anyone know if previous threads addressed this ? If not, do you have any ideas for the locks I mentioned ? :confused: In advance, Thanks, Tom

You might want to look at Lee Valley Tools. Here's a link to a simple, clean brass sliding door lock.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=40874&cat=3,41305,41297&ap=1

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Who are you locking out? I'm always among friends in my trailer. If the door is closed, it's assumed that it's occupied. :)

Last edited: