Relaxing

OhioJay

Here's question for you...The kids are in bed, the last bit of sunlight is just barely hanging on. You're sitting under the awning, some music is playing softly. It's still warm, but much cooler than the heat of the day. The campfire is crackling, and you and your significant other are sitting comfortably. What's your drink of choice for that moment?

I'll have a Bud Select, with a sidecar of chilled Captain Morgan. Ahhhhhh........

2010augusta

I'l take a nice large Margarita with salt and the DW will have a strawberry daiquiri. I can also be tempted with a good unfiltered wheat beer or a pint of Guinness.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Life is full of so many important decisions. I would like that Margarita, but too much work....I'd just pop open a Corona and slice some lime. Of course some SoCo on the rocks would be good. But I guess some Godiva Liqueur would be nice. But then again maybe a cold can of Chelada...............Oh man...............I don't know...............decisions, decisions.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm good with most everything talked about. Cap't Morgan, Southern or a Guinness. A Black & Tan would work too but like Cookie mentioned, there's a little work involved there. Funny that we just returned from sunny California where booze is pretty cheap. I brought back 3 bottles (1.75's liters) each of Cap't and So Co. Under $20 bucks a bottle. At those prices I had to stock up.

jpajax

I'll have a tall glass of life with equal portions of pride, gratitude, and love for this great wonderful land we live in called the USA.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Try a Tequila and squirt, I think they call it a poloma or something like that. Heck with the name, it's good

jgoddardg

Are there no sophisticated wino's out there? We'll go for a nice box of merlot. Can't get much more sophisticated than that.

porthole

Retired
Maybe a nice cup of joe or a Rusty Nail, Glenmorangie single malt (1.5) and Drambuie (1) over crushed ice.

There are several choices one can make.....
For her: a Coffee/Kahlua or Minty Hot Chocolate or if it is too warm for those then a frozen Strawberry Margarita
For him: home brewed IPA

LIFE IS GOOD :cool:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Here's question for you...The kids are in bed, the last bit of sunlight is just barely hanging on. You're sitting under the awning, some music is playing softly. It's still warm, but much cooler than the heat of the day. The campfire is crackling, and you and your significant other are sitting comfortably. What's your drink of choice for that moment?

I'll have a Bud Select, with a sidecar of chilled Captain Morgan. Ahhhhhh........

Hey Jay,
Where are you "relaxing" at?

Our local campground opens this weekend. I'll be there finishing my tank rinsing routine and checking out all the other systems.

Mark

SmokeyBare

If tbe air is cool & the fire hot I'd select a Yukon Jack on the rocks with a splash of Roses Lime Juice.

If the even has a warm feel to it I'll go for a Vodka & tonic with a slice or two of lime.

OhioJay

We stayed close to home, and went to Alum Creek. First time out for the season, we figured we'd stay close to go back home to get the forgotten items. Sort of like a spring training outing!

Hey Mark! Denny and I will probably swing into the TT park the first week of October to handle some doctor/dental visits before taking off for Myrtle Beach for the month. Perhaps we'll see you there!

imchud

We stayed close to home, and went to Alum Creek. First time out for the season, we figured we'd stay close to go back home to get the forgotten items. Sort of like a spring training outing!

Alum Creek... Nice place, we stayed there a lot over the years... And 3 fingers of "American Honey" or a good Scotch works for me... Oh, and don't forget the cigar...