Basement Insulation

Gerr

B75_1003..jpgWhile checking out our new BC 3450TS I climbed into the basement area to clean out the sawdust left from constrution at the factory and notice light from outside coming from behind the wall that encloses the furnace , pump, wiring area. Upon further checking, it was coming from the bottom of the trailer. It turned out to be coming from three round holes cut thru the frame, one about 6 inches and two about three inches. Is this needed for possibly furnace fresh air or should it be sealed to keep out the cold air, or more important the vermin?

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jerry, i suppose they are holes drilled for..well maybe.. another HL coach body that uses the same frame. Those could be for different pipes for plumming. Should be easy to cover the holes with some sheet metal. I had a few small holes in my frame....sheet metal, self tapping screws, and some black paint.

beardedone

Beardedone
I have been working on replacing my plumbing and have noticed several areas were vermin and a lot of cold air can infiltrate. What I saw in Jerry's photo is way different from my Landmark which I think is similarly built. I would be a little concerned about such a big hole as it definitely weakens the steel and reduces it's ability to do the job it is supposed to do.

wyleyrabbit

Where on your trailer is this photo taken from? I'm trying to visualize this, but perhaps I need more coffee.

In any case, I'm pretty certain we don't have anything remotely similar to that.

Gerr

Where on your trailer is this photo taken from? I'm trying to visualize this, but perhaps I need more coffee.

In any case, I'm pretty certain we don't have anything remotely similar to that.

The picture is taken from the rear facing forward. The pipe is the Sewer dump. The white hose is a
water hose ( potential freeze problem)

B

bwwalczak

After discussing with our personnel, the holes were put there by our frame supplier - Lippert. This will not effect the strength of the frame, as it is under their warranty. This can be covered up and will not cause any airflow problems.