Trail Air Tri Glide vs. Mor-Ryde

Yianni

O.K, I know this subject has been beaten to death lately and I've gone through and read all the threads but I still have some questions. On our last trip my wife said it would be nice if the ride was a little smoother. We have a 2010 Cyclone 3010. The ride is not terrible but there is some chucking on rough roads. The truck is a GMC 2500 with air bags.
I'm wondering how effective the Mor-Ryde really is. It looks like to big pieces of rubber sliding back and forth to cushion things. Does this really help with chucking? Also, how long before the rubber wears out? Will the white factory cowling fit over the Mor-Ryde?
I've also been looking at the Trail Air Tri Glide but am having a hard time getting over the looks of the thing. It looks like it would be very effective but it's twice the cost of the Mor-Ryde and not real pretty. Just don't know if I would like the way it looks on my new Cyclone.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We love our Mor-Ryde. It has helped the chucking. No the cowling will not fit over it (I don't think).

aatauses

We have a mor ride---when we ordered our BH the dealer along with factory reps wanted us to buy the air ride---however at the time it was overwhelming on the forum to get the mor ride and we have been very happy with performance---cannit comment on the rubber bushing as we have only had ours a little over a year
al

jbeletti

I can't tell you today, but in a week, I will be heading down a south bound section of I-355 in the Chicago area that is notorious for severe chucking. Next week will be my first trip down that stretch with the TriGlide. I have not used the Mor/ryde but have heard great things about it.

Jim

Yianni

I can't tell you today, but in a week, I will be heading down a south bound section of I-355 in the Chicago area that is notorious for severe chucking. Next week will be my first trip down that stretch with the TriGlide. I have not used the Mor/ryde but have heard great things about it.

Jim

Jim, if you would report back with your observations that would be great.
Do you by any chance have any pictures of the tri glide on your Landmark?
Thanks!

jbeletti

Thanks!

Yes - I will follow-up. No pictures yet. I'm in Elkhart right now. Will snap some pics next week.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks!
Here is a picture of the Tri-Glide prior to the new decals being applied. I don't have any personal experience with the mor-ryde pin but their IS system works great so I would think It's safe to assume the pin box does as well. I had the basic trail air when I bought my rig and knew nothing about mor-ryde at the time. It was cheaper to retro the trail air than to switch to mor-ryde.

Attachments

• Almost Done 2.JPG
    Almost Done 2.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 76

bill40

I can only refer to the tri-glide. After a cross country trip with it on our BC all I can say is it works. With the factory pin we had a lot of chucking to the point it was terrible. We had the truck and trailer checked twice after the glide was put on the total ride improved. I made a cover for the pin and repainted prior to winter. Something worked no rust spots this spring.

rick_debbie_gallant

lwmcguir

5th Airborne here. Looks good. Put the abs plastic thing (cowling) back on the trailer with zero problem-o! I think it looks pretty good. Here are the pictures. BTW I have a "Pull-rite Super slide" because I have a Dodge 2500 short box. I really dont need the super slide but I bought it when I bought the previous SOB.
View attachment 7778View attachment 7779View attachment 7780View attachment 7781View attachment 7782View attachment 7783View attachment 7784

Pictures wont open. would like to see them as we have the Fifth Airborne as well and love it. Best thing you can do for chucking and bouncing.