Upgraded water pump

mrendahl

I am looking to replace/upgrade my water pump on my 2011 RW405 to increase the weak water flow and silence the noisy pump! The problem is that I am not sure which model of Shurflo is currently installed from the factory. If I read my Shurflo manual correctly it appears that it may be a 2088. The one I am looking to replace it with is the SHURFlo Smart Sensor Extreme 5.7 (5.5 gpm). Has anyone replaced theirs yet? And, if so, a noticeable improvement? Worth the $200 upgrade?

2010augusta

Our LM came with the shurflo 5.7 and while we rarely use the pump, when we do the is little difference between the pump and city water. Our unrestricted hi-flo shower head surges only a little as the pump cycles, because it outputs more than the shower can use! it is a good pump.

Our pump might need to be replaced also, had slight leak at the housing last fall. I was looking at the new Shurflo Revolution pump 3gpm/55psi and from what i've read it is very Quiet. and It's only $99.99 at C.W. and about $85.00 on e-bay . There is a test in the new Trailerlife. Might want to check it out. If anybody gets one let us know what you think.

Yianni

I am looking to replace/upgrade my water pump on my 2011 RW405 to increase the weak water flow and silence the noisy pump! The problem is that I am not sure which model of Shurflo is currently installed from the factory. If I read my Shurflo manual correctly it appears that it may be a 2088. The one I am looking to replace it with is the SHURFlo Smart Sensor Extreme 5.7 (5.5 gpm). Has anyone replaced theirs yet? And, if so, a noticeable improvement? Worth the $200 upgrade?

My 2010 Cyclone came with the Shur flo 5.7. It quit working after about 4 months. Heartland sent me a new one with just a phone call and request from me. Great service. Anyway, I talked to Shur flo and they think the reason it failed was because 90 degree elbows were used on the inlet and outlet sides of the pump. They want the lines coming in straight, no elbows. Set yours up this way if you replace your pump. As far as the 5.7 goes, we've been very happy with it. It is a variable speed pump so it increases output when there is more demand, like kitchen faucet and bath faucet on at the same time. The pressure on the pump is very good.

gpshemi

I just replaced our 5.7.

Ours was loosing it's prime over 15 minutes. So it ran every 15 mins for a split second.
While Heartland wouldn't send me another one to replace it, they did cover it under warranty, and I found a dealer that let me do the swap without towing the rig in for service. That was a big help.