Unit specific owners manuals ?

Ptoms

I recently purchased a North Trail 28 RLS and did not receive an owner’s manual. I downloaded one from the posted link but it appears to be just generic for any of Heartlands units. I loved my travel trailer at first sight however after purchasing…. I am so far very un-impressed on the literature issued for maintenance on this unit. I am new to travel trailers and Rv’s in general, it’s likely that someone of more experience would know where to look for the components I am looking far. However I should have been given at least a pamphlet telling me where the hot water bypass and water pump and furnace is in this unit are located. I found the Water pump and the furnace under the Dinette seats. I do not know where the hot water heater bypass is….I have read the forums and I have gathered that on different NT units That you access this via the outside storage. I will check this as time allows. Is it possible that someone over at Factory Corner could help us out by writing a basic Winterizing and De-winterizing checklist with some basic instructions and possibly a sketch showing where the basic components are located on various models? After paying considerable money for one of these units, I do not believe this is asking too much…. and from what I understand its common courtesy for other manufacturers to supply this type of information. I apologize if I sound agitated but I have spent hours upon hours frustrated and researching winterizing and de-winterizing and reading forums trying to learn where these things are. I am almost ready to use my unit for the first time and I hope to have an enjoyable experience.

Ptoms

Zonian

I share your initial frustrations, but rest assured that they will pass and you will be more than happy with your unit...as we are. The water heater by-pass access is in fact located in the outside storage compartment. You will have to get your upper body in through the door...unless you have extremely long arms!!!! There are no panels to remove...it there is I don't remember removing one...nor did I put it back.