Fords Tow Command And 28RLS ?

Ptoms

Hi all I just purchased a new to me 2008 F250 6.4 Diesel...My truck did not come with the Tow Command system pre installed. After some research I have made an appointment to have my local dealer Install the Tow Command System for me on the 16th. I really like the look of the integrated Ford system and have read grand reviews...Here lies my question, according to reviews these systems work on newer trailers but not all older ones and possibly not with trailers that have electric over hydraulic brakes. I will be Towing a 2010 28RLS, has anyone towed one of these using Fords Tow Command? Does anyone have any experience towing any of the Newer North Trail Trailers using Tow Command?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I use my intergrated tow system on my Ford while towing my Landmark which has electric over hydraulic brakes. Works great.

jnbhobe

I use the Tow Command also, works well with my disc brakes. But I would buy a Protigy before I would spend the money at the Ford garage.

Ptoms

I hear alot of votes for the prodigy....however I love the Stock in dash look of the Tow Command system......I also hear that it all but eliminates trailer jerk because its intergrated with the truck brakes. I will more the happily pay the extra $500.00 to have the quality of the system. I cant help but think that by eliminating the jerk, its not only providing a smoother ride, but also reducing wear on my tranny and other TV componants. I just hope it works properly with my 28RLS are its going to be a big waste of $$$$. Thats why im praying for conformation from another Tow Command user and simialar TT owner before the 16th

Ptoms

I had the Ford Tow Command system installed, along with 4 Auxillary Switches and a high Idle. The Ford Tow Command works seamless with the 28 RLS. At roughly 700.00 it was a costly upgrade, however It has eliminated almost all trailer Jerk,,,,,comparing to the 200.00 prodigy + 50. labor for install im out about $450.00. However with all the tow miles I intend to do Ill happily fork over the extra 450.00 for the system I like. I Appreciate the time you guys took with all your responses .

Thanks Again

Ptoms

lwmcguir

Tow Command is the best there is. Tried all of them and it definitely is the best currently available. Well worth the money.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have the Tow Command on my 06 F250. Another thing is that it is intergrated with the braking system. The Anti Lock Brakes also are applied to the trailer. It is very difficult to slide the tires on the trailer, infact I have never slid the tires. The brakes are applied in reference to the speed of he truck.

I tried to adjust the trailer brakes in Austin TX 2 yeaars ago. When DW stepped on the brakes it did not stop the spinning tire on the trailer. If you squeezed the levers the tire stopped instantly. Took the TV to a dealer and after an hour we found out why it would not stop the trailer tire spinning. The Shop man didn't even know that..

Wa all learn.

BC

05Winger

I have the 2008 F250 with tow command. I have pulled many trailers and different braking controllers and the Ford Tow Command is by far the Best system out there.