Leaning Trailer

olyfire

I just took delivery of a 32BUDS. When I brought it home I set if on my RV pad, leveled, put down stabilizers and put out slides.
It felt like the unit was leaning and sure enough it was leaning about 3/4" toward the slides. I brought the slides back in and it came back to level.
Is this normal with the weight of the slides all on one side.
It was suggested that I put a scissor jack on the frame of the trailer under the largest slide.
Any suggestions

Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
olyfire, I don't have a TT, but my bro does. It is an SOB (Some Other Brand). I think that the leaning you experienced is normal if you have slides on one side. Bro's trailer does lean when the slides are out. He knows that it will lean, say 3/4 of an inch, so he always puts boards under that side so when the slides come out, the trailer is level.

Peace
Dave

tf5598

Notice the same thing on our 32BUDS, so we automatically plan for an extra 2x6 under the slide-side wheels.

bozo

This may not work for you but I have a smaller TT than you I think. I have the NT 21FBS. I am around 27 feet long but it may not matter. When I back into a site I put the TT about where I want it and open the slide and back up on my leveling blocks when the wife says its level I stop unhook level it front to back and let the jacks down and the rig stays level. I don't know if it works on the bigger rigs and I don't know if Im suppose to do it that way ether but thats what I do and it works well. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bozo

I just level mine with the slide out I dont know if it would work on a larger TT or not but works for me.

jimtoo

Seems as though it is not real factory problem and the factory is closed until after the first of the year, I am moving the thread out of ATF area.

I agree with the others, add a little extra to the slide side to make it level.

Jim M

irvin56

If it's leaning, it's better for water run off. I level a little higher on slide side before I unhook. can raise to up a bit if needed with stabilizers.

olyfire

I talked to customer service a few months ago on this and they said this is normal as there is quite a bit of weight with those two slides. If the out of level was more than an inch they would recommend a heavier leaf spring.
I installed two scissor jacks one on each side just in front of the front tire on the trailer frame. I lower these till they are just snug then put our the slides. It takes care of the lean and it gives a real stability to the trailer.
The suggestions of putting a 2x6 under the wheels on the slide side also works too.

Thanks to all

Still loving our trailer.

irvin56

yes I also put a stabilizer under frame, just in front of front tires, makes a huge difference, takes the bounce out of suspension.
But I lift mine about 3/4- 1 inch after the slide is out. take some weight off the tires. Not much weight but enought to notice the difference.

tf5598

If it's leaning, it's better for water run off. I level a little higher on slide side before I unhook. can raise to up a bit if needed with stabilizers.

Agree with the water runoff, but down here in the heat with the ac running, I like to leave it a bit low on the slide-side so the ac runoff drains towards the back side of the tt.