Need Slide Depth or clearance for BC3500

txdds

Hello,
Storing my new BC for three years :( while doing an overseas assignment in Hawaii. Does anyone know the depth of the four slides? My dad wants to park it as close to the property line as possible, but we need to open the slides once in a while. I'm stationed at Travis and a driver just picked up the BC for it's cross country trip to Texas. My parents will be on the receiving end.....dad is trying to cut down cedars and make room for delivery on Thurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Debra

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The trailer closed up is 8 feet wide. With slides on both sides open, figure it to be almost 14 feet wide. If you center it perfectly on the pad, you could make it with a space 16 feet wide and have a 12" safety margin on either side. Personally, I'd opt for a slightly wider margin. That or only exercise the slides part way when they're extended periodically.

If you're going to store it for that long, with only occasional operation of the slides, you should probably apply a rubber lubricant to the seals to keep them supple and prevent them from sticking or drying out. It won't do the tires or axle lubricant any good to be sitting stationary for three years, either.

Good luck on the Hawaii assignment.