2011 3850 outdoor speakers

I have a 09 3850 and want to install another pair of exterior speakers. I see that the 2011 3850 have speakers on the main slide. I need the measurement so that I can install these also. Or better yet it there somewhere that I can get the layout of the slide on mine?

thanks
Shawn

Mike Aplin

Have you tried contacting customer service at 877-262-8032. They may be able to point you in the right direction. Thanks, Mike

Yeah I tried and I was told they would send me a copy of my slide out so that I could see where the studs are. But that has not happened. So I thought i would ask for others help.

thanks
LT

Manke3010

Sorry LT, no help from me, but I will say I'm very interested in what you find out, and how this mod turns out.
I have a pair of speakers up front, on the awning side, but I really want to install either another pair outside by the garage entry door, or perhaps just one speaker outside and one speaker inside the garage so I'd have a total of 8 speakers, not counting sub.
Don't know if the amp or head unit can power 8 speakers....do you know? (I have 4 on ceiling of main living/kitchen area, and 2 outside right now).

Good luck, keep us posted :)
-Luke

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
I purchased some water resistant speakers for my horse trailer (yes, my horse trailer has a LQ in it !) from Rock the Boat Marine Audio

http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/.

I believe mine are 5" speakers and only cost $25 or so for a pair. They are not top of the line (remember it's still a horse trailer :) ) but they sound nice. They also have advice on which size speakers to order to fit your application.
Hope this helps you.

Tracy

Well I cut 2 5" holes in the door side slide out!! It went GREAT!!! With all 4 speakers playing the sound stage is SO much better!! Just need to install the 12's under it and I'm done!!! Will put pictures up after I get it all cleaned up.

LT

Well I'm done. I also added some out door speakers on the side under the grauge. The 2 12's under the rear makes a HUGE difference!! At the track I take our projector and watch speed tv outside with the system on. Its like a outdoor theater! Easy job makes a huge differnece in the outdoor entertainment. Have a couple of other haulers that want the same treatment.

Later
LT